Ship Simulator 2008 Collector’s Edition is the ultimate ship simulator set for PC. Ship Simulator 2008 Collector’s Edition includes both, the much appreciated Ship Simulator 2008 game and the official Ship Simulator 2008 Add-On: New Horizons, which features exciting Online and LAN multiplayer gameplay.
The Collector’s Edition is packed with unique, never-before-seen bonus material such as a 70+ page PDF Captain’s Journal of references and the ‘Making of Ship Simulator’ video, which gives players the opportunity to sneak a peek behind the scenes at the creation of the Ship Simulator game series.
This comprehensive set is a complete package not to be missed by any simulation fan!
Ship Simulator 2008
Ship Simulator is a revolutionary simulation game that puts players at the helm of some of the most varied and detailed ships to be found at sea. Players will need to perform a multitude of tasks, all set within a stunning 3D environment, taking control of a wide array of ship types – from massive cargo ships and ferries, to speedboats, yachts, water taxis and even the mighty Titanic.
- Dynamic ocean waves, with realistic ship motions
- Long distance travels , open ocean voyages between ports
- Visible damage system
- Thirty new complex and challenging missions
- Extensive day, night, and weather systems
- Three new environments: San Francisco, Southampton/Cowes/Solent, and Marseille
- Sixteen new ships, each with walkthrough functionality and interactive bridge controls
- Controllable container crane missions
- Advanced vector graphic sea chart based on realistic 3D seabed models, with full-screen display option, transparency setting, and level-of-detail on text & depth readings
- Advanced damage system showing dents and holes in the ships after severe collisions
- Free-roam mode where players can choose a ship, an environment, set all weather, day & time parameters and go sailing in their preferred conditions
- Realistic bow splash water, with support from an advanced physics simulation model
- Extensive mapping options for keys and joystick buttons
- Advanced rope system, which allows you to connect and disconnect player ships to other ships or to mooring boulders at will (anchoring is now also possible)
- Addition of icebergs which cause damage when you collide with them
- Mid-mission save function
- A system for sinking ships when damaged below the water line
- Advanced system for scoring and ranking in different ship type classes, linked to your on-line profile on the forum
- Set waypoints yourself in free-roaming mode
- Including a free mission editor to create your own adventures and share them with your fellow players on the forum
Add-on - New Horizons
Challenge your friends online with NEW HORIZONS, the official add-on for the hit game Ship Simulator 2008. Try your hand at sailing a luxury cruise liner & a classic yacht or feel the impact of the waves as you guide your fishing vessel home through a storm! NEW HORIZONS offers new highly realistic enviroments and adds eight exciting new vessels for your sailing pleasure. Includes all new missions and free roaming multiplayer mode too!
- Eight new vessels, including a modern harbor tug with advanced azimuth thrusters and a pushboat with 4 different cargo barges.
- Online multiplayer free-roaming action, including towing.
- Brand new sailing area Cornwall (Padstow), built with advanced visuals and bumpmapping technology.
- 20 new missions, involving the new vessels and the new environment.
- Unlimited gameplay: In-game downloading of new missions.
- Option to connect and disconnect barges to the pushboat in-game.
- New walkthrough options: explore the pushboat's highly detailed enginge room.
Download-Version: Manual as a .pdf-File (English)
Minimum system requirements:
Windows 2000, XP or Vista
Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD equivalent
1GB (Windows 2000/XP) or 2GB (Vista)
GeForce 5900 or ATI 9600 Pro / X600 (128MB)
Mouse with scroll wheel
Joystick, Joypad or Steering wheel
Download-Size: 1.6 GB
Installation-Size: 2.5 GB
How to purchase and install Download-Versions?:
- Buying is simple, just add it to your cart ( press the green buy button ) and do all the handling of payment (Credit Card and PayPal accepted) . Keep in mind that if you are located outside the EEC you do not pay VAT
- On the screen where you see that the payment has been done you will find a download link, download AND SAVE this file to a secure location
- While you are doing this, an email is being send to you with the serial code
- You can always find your code in the shop under Your Account - Your Order Details - Downloads
- During the installation you will be asked to enter your serial code