Fly 10 challenging missions with the Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter X. Some missions will not end as you expect them to and it is good being prepared to make an unscheduled stop in the vast Alaskan wilderness. Many hours of flying pleasure guaranteed.
The De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter is one of the most versatile aircraft ever designed. Still Canada's most successful commercial aircraft program with more than 800 built, the Twin Otter remains popular for its rugged construction and useful STOL performance.
The DHC-6 Twin Otter X has been one of our best selling products so Aerosoft decided to have a dedicated mission pack done for the users of this amazing aircraft. Combat Planes Inc created this mission pack and though the descriptions sound simple many of the missions will not end as you expect them to do. Many hours of flying pleasure (and some cursing) guaranteed!
- Alaska Transit I: Anchorage: Takeoff from Anchorage, Alaska and fly to Talkeetna carrying passengers and cargo. Complete your flight at Healy.
- Alaska Transit II: Takeoff from Healy, Alaska and fly to Denali Base Camp at the foot of Mt. McKinley. Drop passengers and supplies then fly on to McGrath.
- Alaska Transit III: Fly from Anvik to Unalakleet on the coast.
- Alaska Transit Kodiak: Takeoff from Anchorage, Alaska and fly to Beluga Lake and then on to Kodiak Island. You may choose to stop on the first leg of the journey if you prefer.
- Homeland Security: Fly a surveillance operation to monitor possible terrorist activity.
- Northern Medivac: Fly from Skagway to a remote location to pick up an injured prospector. Return him to the hospital at Haines.
- Rainy Pass Rescue: Fly from McGrath to a remote mountain location to medivac a group of miners. Deliver them safely to Skwentna.
- Northwest Cargo Kluane: Takeoff from Yakutat, Alaska and fly to Burwash, NWT in Canada across Kluane National Park.
- Sandspit Transit: Takeoff from Sandspit in the Queen Charlottes and fly to Masset, then Prince Rupert.
- Taku Glacier Lodge: Takeoff from Juneau and ferry fishermen to Taku Glacier Lodge.
- All 10 missions with sound effects and voice files
- English or German text available
- Full details of the missions in the briefing files
- Additional scenery to match the missions
- Five more Twin Otter liveries included
Download-Version: Version 1.02, Manual as a .pdf-file (English)
Conclusion by FlightSimReviews.com:
"Over all Rating: 9 - VERY well done. Various configurations, good variance of difficulties, and a few surprises thrown in with weather and failures, or potential failures (which WILL become failures if not tended too)"
Click here to read the complete review!
Conclusion by FlightSimX.com:
"I really like what Aerosoft are trying to do with this mission pack. Their Twotter is a great model and deserves to be flown regularly in order to appreciate just how good it is. Being given increasingly challenging missions through some incredible landscapes with cool little animations and scenery, all with the aid of a helpful co-pilot is probably the best way to get to know and enjoy the aircraft."
Click here to read the complete review!
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Service Pack 2)
Aerosoft DHC-6 Twin Otter X required => Click here to buy
Windows XP(SP2), Windows Vista
Pentium 2 GHz (Duo2Core Intel advised)
1 GB RAM (2 GB advised)
256 Mb DirectX 9 graphics card
Mouse with mouse wheel
Adobe Acrobat® Reader 7 minimal to read and print the manual (1)
Download-Size: 83 MB
Installations-Size: 188 MB
How to purchase and install Download-Versions?:
- Buying is simple, just add it to your cart ( press the green buy button ) and do all the handling of payment (Credit Card and PayPal accepted) . Keep in mind that if you are located outside the EEC you do not pay VAT
- On the screen where you see that the payment has been done you will find a download link, download AND SAVE this file to a secure location
- While you are doing this, an email is being send to you with the serial code
- You can always find your code in the shop under Your Account - Your Order Details - Downloads
- During the installation you will be asked to enter your shop login name (email) and for this serial code