Visit the home base airport of Aerosoft and location of the German Flight Simulation Conference in Microsoft Flight Simulator X and 2004. The airport Paderborn/Lippstadt has been developed using the latest FSX technologies and therefore comes in an extreme level of detail. A must-have for all Aerosoft fans and friends of high-end graphics.
For us this airport of Paderborn/Lippstadt has a special significance as its been the home base of the Aerosoft GmbH headquarters in Germany. It is also the location of our annual German Flight Simulation Conference since the year 2002. Now surely this is what every scenery designer wants to do most of all, create the environment he (she) knows best. It's also special project as we wanted to show what FSX is actually capable of doing and of course displaying. It is an airport scenery as detailed as (we think) FSX can display and which uses all the latest technology made available by FSX. From the 20 cm pixel ground images to the animated gates that dock with the AI traffic. The airport is realistic as it looks from the windows of our office.
The regional airport of Paderborn/Lippstadt is a commercial airport offering a complete service of a modern and up to date airport. Around 1.3 million passengers used Paderborn in 2007 for their travels. Destinations from Paderborn are nearly all holiday regions in the south of Europe as well as hubs for connections to the world (view flight plan). Short and fast ways to the aircraft as well as quick check-ins and free parking makes it a favourite for every traveller.
- Full FSX / SP2 support (Dynamic shadows, specular mapping, bloom lights)
- Highly detailed virtual replica of the airport and its surroundings incl. regional objects
- Extrem level of detail
- Moving jetways for FSX
- Photo realistic ground textures (10 cm/pxl)
- All navigation aids included (ILS,DME,NDB,ATIS)
- Realistic runway and taxiway lighting
- Excellent night effects
- Dynamic cars on the surrounding roads
- Seasonal ground textures
- Status quo June 2008
- FSX and FS2004 version included
- Original DFS-charts
- Extensive manual
- Dynamic Airport Enhancement Services used to create dynamic environment
- Fully supported by AES (from version 1.99)
Even with this whole range of objects, details and features, framerates losses are moderate.
German Flight Simulation Conference
Download-Version(FSX / FS2004): Version 1.20 / 1.40, Manual as a .pdf-file (English, German) and charts
Awards / Reviews:
Conclusion by Avsim.com:
"I have never been a great fan of smaller scenery add-on airports. Also, why should I buy this if I don't even fly to this airport? After seeing this one from Aerosoft, they have brought back some life to the boring default FSX scenery with the skilled design of the terminal and surrounding buildings, thus making it more realistic, especially when you see the name boards of offices in the adjacent business centre. The main terminal building, gates, parking areas are well designed. The scenery glows and blossoms under the lights. I am now convinced that it is well worth a small hole in your pocket if you pick these well designed add-ons."
Click here to read the complete review
System requirements for FSX:
Microsoft Flugsimulator X with Service Pack 2
Pentium IV 2,6 GHz (Dual Core Prozessor with 3 GHz recommended)
2 GB RAM
3D graphic card with at least 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
Download-Size: 105 MB
Installations-Size: 170 MB
System requirements for FS2004:
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (Version 9.1)
Windows XP, Windows Vista
Pentium 2 GHz
512 MB RAM
Graphic card with 64 MB RAM
Download-Size: 90 MB
Installations-Size: 150 MB
Our “German Airports 3 - Paderborn-Lippstadt“ is compatible with Service Pack 2 /Acceleration Pack for FSX and DirectX 9.Using DirektX 10 Preview in FSX is not recommended.
Download includes also Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D version
How to purchase and install Download-Versions?:
- Buying is simple, just add it to your cart (press the green buy button) and do all the handling of payment (Credit Card and PayPal accepted) . Keep in mind that if you are located outside the EEC you do not pay VAT
- On the screen where you see that the payment has been done you will find a download link, download AND SAVE this file to a secure location
- While you are doing this, an email is being send to you with the serial code
- You can always find your code in the shop under Your Account - Your Order Details - Downloads
- During the installation you will be asked to enter your shop login name (email) and for this serial code