"To Serve and Protect"
The US Coast Guard is a complex organization that is part of the US military and has duties range from homeland security to the maintenance of navigation aids. But of course Search and Rescue remains an important role and Aerosoft now bring you the best in ships and helicopters so you can expand your flight simulator to the exiting world of the US Coast Guard!
Including both the newest type of cutter and the most versatile helicopter of the coast guard this is a very complete package. After you sailed the cutter to a location of your choice, you can use the shipyard tool to 'build' a static ship at that location. With three simple clicks of your mouse (and a restart of FS2004) a static version of the ship will be placed. You can now take off from that ship and perform your mission. After landing you change from helicopter back to the ship model and sail to your next mission. A truly complete package for a great price.
Sikorsky HH-60J Jayhawk:
- Four Vector designed Multi-Function Displays (scalable to 4800 pixels)
- Augmented Stability and Control System (Automatic Flight Control System)
- Highly realistic Auto Hover System (with 3 axis depart modes, allowing you to fly the helicopter sideways under full control)
- Tested and highly accurate flight model (yet fully flyable for novices)
- Pilot Flight Display with three modes (hover / HSI / map)
- Nav Display with 7 modes (include user defined navigation points)
- Will fly all default FS2004 flight plans
- Total interactive and fully functional Virtual Cockpit
- Six 2D panels, designed for multi screen cockpits
- High def sound set by MeatWater studios (enhanced)
- Extensive manual, assisting novice pilots understanding helicopter flight
- Build on top of the Seahawk that won many awards. (but does NOT need the Seahawk installed)
- Animated crew member, doors, winch
- Fully accurate rotor and tail folding procedure (with control panel)
Maritime Security Cutter, Large (WMSL):
- Two static models (deck railing up and railing down)
- One 'drivable' model with sound set and simple panel (no VC and note that Fs is not really great in simulating ships)
- Fully accurate light configuration that helps you land in low visibility
- Extensive effects (wake, smoke, drainage etc)
- Additional sinking sailing vessel to practice SAR missions
- Connects to FS to read position
- Inserts all information so you can find the ship in the GOTO AIRPORT menu
- Compiles static model (with all effects)
"simFlight Award 2006, Category: Helicopters"
>> click here for more information! <<
"Best Software 2006, Category: Best Payware Heli 2006, Flugsimulation.com"
>> Click here to view all results ! <<
5 of 5 stars, FSzone.org
Conclusion by Avsim.com:
"...You’ll have a lot of fun flying the HH-60, it’s very charismatic to fly, looks and sounds lovely, and is generally a great helicopter add-on. I had a blast testing this package and will do so for a long time to come. This package will not let down any helo simmer, as it is a fun package and is sold with a very tempting price tag on it.I’ll end my review with this: before I received this product I very seldom flew “whirly birds”. This product has completely transferred me to the rotary simming world; something I didn’t even know was possible a few weeks ago. This product offers the simmer something different, for which I, for one, deeply appreciate."
Click here to read the complete review!
Conclusion by FSzone.org:
"I have given the Aerosoft Coast Guard - To Serve and Protect a 5/5 check marks because of their innovative shipyard feature, drivable ship, and a detailed helicopter that includes many animations and systems. They have done this and are only selling the product for around $19 USD. Addons these days can cost as much as you bought the game for but Aerosoft has kept the price down and I applaud them on there efforts. "
Click here to read the complete review!
The following expansions MUST be installed to use the Shipyard tool:
MS .NET Framwork: Download here (Filename MSXML.MSI)
MSXML4.0: Download here
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
Windows XP only
Pentium 2.5 GHz or faster
512 MB RAM
3D graphic card with at least 64 MB, recommended 256 MB
Download Size: 23 MB
Installation Size: 80 MB
How to purchase and install Download-Versions?:
- Buying is simple, just add it to your cart and do all the handling of payment (Credit Card and PayPal accepted) . Keep in mind that if you are located outside the EEC you do not pay VAT
- On the screen where you see that the payment has been done you will find a download link, download AND SAVE this file to a secure location
- While you are doing this, an email is being send to you with the serial code
- You can always find your code in the shop under Your Account - Your Order Details - Downloads
- During the installation you will be asked to enter your shop login name (email) and for this serial code