Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS10005
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: Flying-W Simulation
- Language: English
- Current version: 3.10
What is Super Traffic Board?
- Interactive airport style flight information board, AI management system and more.
- Supports all popular AI packages including:
- ORBX Full Terrain Experiene (FTX) AI
- Ultimate Traffic 2
- World of AI
- Designed solely for Flight Simulator X
- Now available as Version 3, new and updated features are denoted by “stb3” below. For additional details, visit: http://www.supertrafficboard.com/stb31.html
Flight Display – What you see
- stb3: “Real time” FSX flight information including actual airport names, runway and gate data, speed, altitude, distance and AI events as they happen. Distance is reported with respect to airports, runways and allocated parking.
- stb3: See your user aircraft listed as a flight in the same way as AI aircraft, and updated as various events occur during your flight.
- Supports Airline and Airport Logos.
- Displays all flights according to their role, including Passenger, Cargo, Military and GA operations each with their own unique interpretation.
- stb3: Three incremental levels of detail allow you to customize the flights you see:
- Just those AI aircraft currently under simulation in FSX
- Completed flights no longer in FSX, including parked arrivals in “baggage claim”, cancelations, diversions and departures that are “long gone”
- Flights scheduled to occur in the future, that are yet to have an AI aircraft allocated to them in FSX.
- Custom filters focus the list of flights on display:
- Filter by operator type, e.g. show passenger flights only.
- Filter by COM1 radio, e.g. show only those aircraft sharing the same radio frequency and hence the same Air Traffic Controller as the user aircraft or selected AI aircraft.
- Full support for UT2 Flight Schedules, developed in cooperation with Flight1 Software. STB now shows departure and arrival times, and airports for all UT2 flights. No other AI add-on can do this, not even FSX Traffic Toolbox Explorer.
- stb3: As you fly around the world, STB automatically updates flight times to reflect the local time zone, and even recognizes the International Date Line.
- Convert text to upper case to simulate vintage real world traffic boards.
AI Interaction – What you can do
- User Commands:
- View AI: See any aircraft in Flight Simulator by selecting a flight on the board.
- stb3 Depart Now: Order aircraft to begin their departure procedures immediately rather than wait for the scheduled time, including flights that are yet to have an AI aircraft allocated to them in FSX.
- stb3 Approach Now: Select any arrival flight (including those well into the future) and have it approach the airport and land.
- Arrive Now: Delete inbound flights and recreate them at a parking position with an onward departure schedule.
- Listen AI: Listen to radio communications between AI Aircraft and ATC. Use in combination with the Follow AI Command and you can listen all the way from departure to arrival.
- Optimize Traffic: Reduce your traffic volumes dynamically for the best possible simulator performance, with more flexibility than simply reducing traffic sliders.
- stb3 View Schedule Information: Find out the previous and next schedules in addition to the current schedule for any flight listed.
- Follow AI: Automatically follow an AI aircraft from departure to arrival, and on to the next leg in its schedule.
- Chase AI: Moves your aircraft near the AI aircraft, so you can fly "escort".
- Delete AI.
- Slew On/Off: Pause and resume AI aircraft.
- Integrates with the popular FSX add-on “AIRound”, enabling customers to activate the exciting AI camera angles available with AIRound from the STB flight listing.
- stb3: Improved tools for managing FSX performance at busy airports; create just the AI traffic you wish to see.
- Automated Flight Controller Features:
- Airspace Conflict Resolution: Detects airspace conflicts between approaching AI aircraft, and moves aircraft "breaking the rules" to an arrival stand rather than leaving them to be deleted by Flight Simulator.
- User Airspace Conflict Resolution: Detects airspace conflicts between the user aircraft and AI during your final approach to the airport. AI aircraft are moved to the arrival stand as necessary to clear your path to the runway.
- Deleted Aircraft Recovery: Capture inbound aircraft that are deleted by Flight Simulator to relieve taxi way congestion, and recreate them on stand with a departure schedule.
- Stuck Aircraft Recovery: Detect and rescue aircraft that are stuck in pre/post flight support, and send them on their way. Aircraft that cannot be rescued are deleted, releasing the parking space for others.
- Departure Control: Automatically deploys flaps for departing AI aircraft.
Infrastructure – How it fits together
- stb3: First Time Configuration Wizard gets you up and running with your favorite AI package with just a few mouse clicks.
- stb3: Import airport facility and AI schedule data into STB at the touch of a button; no need to separately decompile each BGL anymore.
- stb3: Enhanced UT2 Flight Interpretation Engine, faster, smaller, improves flight description accuracy as time goes by and is better able to locate and display “Not in Service” flights.
- Network support included at no additional charge. Use on a separate PC/Laptop from your main FSX computer.
- User interface available in US English, UK English and partial Swedish translation.
- stb3: Stay up to date with automatic software patch detection.
- Highly customizable via a dedicated GUI.
- Comprehensive User Guide included.
- If used on the same computer as Flight Simulator, FSX must be run in windowed mode. Full screen mode is available for FSX if STB is used on another networked computer.
- While STB is the active window, FSX temporarily disables sound. This means you may not be able to hear aircraft sounds, ATC voices, etc. until FSX becomes the active window again. Unfortunately this restriction is placed upon us by FSX. Workarounds are available, including the use of STB on a network computer described above.
- Due to technical limitations, Follow and Chase AI are not available for UT2 flights.
- If using both FSX “Regular Microsoft” edition and FSX Steam edition on the same computer, a special version of STB is required to connect to Steam Edition. Please contact Flying-W via www.supertrafficboard.com for further information. The special version is free of charge to existing STB for FSX customers.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X ( with SP2 or Acceleration, Gold Edition or Steam Edition)
Microsoft .NET Framework V2 and V3.5