Price excl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS11886
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: sim-wings
- Language: English
- EAN: 4015918118866
- Current version: 1.01
Anchorage Ted Stevens International (PANC) one of the most important airports in Alaskas and destination of many national and international flight connections. Beside asian and russian airlines also from Frankfurt fly german Condor and the switzerland airline Edelweiß from ZRH in the month may to september to Anchorage.
There probably is no place on the globe where aviation is as important as in Alaska. In this great state roads are scarce and limited to the major cities. The vast wilderness can only be reached by aircraft. Often only by floatplane or small aircraft equipped for off airport landings. And Anchorage International Airport ‘Ted Stevens’ is at the center of much of this aviation.
It is in many ways a remarkable airport. Not only does is the main connection to the other US states (a connection mainly flown by Alaska Airlines 737 in their characteristic livery) and as a hub for intercontinental flights, it is also a bush airport with a large dirt strip for the small planes that do not really like concrete and tarmac.
It even has one of the largest seaplane bases in the world on Lake Hood that’s located next to the airport. Add the violent weather and the long hours of darkness in the winter and you end up with an airport that is in all way remarkable and well worth a superb rendering for Flight Simulator.
As always simWings did a fantastic job on an airport that no serious flightsimmer can do without.
- Anchorage Ted Stevens Airport with all buildings and facilities (International Terminal, National Terminal, Cargo area, Maintenance area, Kulis Air national Guard Base, South Airpark,...)
- Detailed rendering of LakeHood, the water airport (LHD) including many static small airplanes
- Landing strip Z41
- Aerial photos for the ground texture with a resolution down to 15cm/pixel
- AESLite ground vehicle traffic on the airport and nearby roads (with suitable vehicles like pickups)
- Trains between airport station and Anchorage with functional crossings for the cars!
- Fitting autogen to the ground texture
- Complete taxi and runway signs
- Smooth integration to the environment because of adapted coastlines with own mesh in the airport area avoiding plateau effects using other add-ons
- Aircraft Access Gates on the taxiways from PANC to LHD or Z41 opens automatically when you get close
- Detailed AFCAD files for all airports included
- Custom 3D RWY-lightning, 3D taxiway lightning
- Compatible with AES
Winner of the simFlight Awards 2012 - Category: Major Airports
View all results
Conclusion by simFlight.com:
"This is an excellent product that can accommodate every type of pilot from the bush pilot to the jet jockey flying a 747. The versatility, quality and very reasonable price point are significant factors that should make you want to give Anchorage X a try. It could open up a whole new world and I am sure you won’t be disappointed."
Fazit von Avsim.com:
"Aerosoft’s Anchorage X is by all means very nice scenery. The modeling is good and the texturing looks nice, as with all Simwings airports. Sometimes I had hoped that the details would be a bit more extensive around the terminals buildings and aprons, but the fact is that it looks good just as it is. The extensive cargo aprons are a welcome sight and the passenger terminals looks fine. I had actually hoped for better performance, but I guess my computer just isn’t good enough to handle it at high FPS. All in all, a good scenery. I can recommend it to those that want to fly into Anchorage. I’m quite sue you won’t be disappointed, and the price is good."
Fazit von Mike Cameron:
"SimWings & Aerosoft has produced an outstanding product with Anchorage X. With the inclusion of Lake Hood Seaplane Base & Lake Hood Airstrip, there is something for all types of virtual aviators to enjoy. I have approached this review from the perspective of a small aircraft VFR virtual pilot. Everything has been reproduced in great detail with outstanding textures and animations...Despite the issue that I have the train sound effects, I have no problem awarding Anchorage X from Aerosoft with a four star rating."
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Acceleration Pack, SP2 oder Gold Edition) or FS2004
Windows XP(SP2), Windows Vista, Windows 7
2,66 GHz Dual Core Processor
2 GB RAM
Graphic card with min. 512 MB
Installation-Size: 3.2 GB
Download-Size: 2.5 GB
The latest version 1.01 doesn't require an online registration aynmore.