Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
Valid until 30. September 2018. Not in conjunction with other discounts.
- Article number: AS12168
- Publisher: Drzewiecki Design
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.4
EPKK Kraków Balice 2012 X is a highly detailed scenery of EPKK Kraków Balice airport and Kraków City in Poland. EPKK Kraków Balice is a payware scenery however there is a fully functional demo scenery provided that you can use for any online and multiplayer flying.
It took almost a year to develop this scenery and this is probably our most detailed project so far. Thousands of photos were used to create hundrieds of buildings, objects and general feeling of that place. The number of details is very large so there are some tips provided in the manual of how to optimize the performance of the scenery, even for older computers.
John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice (in Polish since 4 September 2007: Kraków Airport im. Jana Pawla II; earlier in Polish: Miedzynarodowy Port Lotniczy im. Jana Pawla II Kraków-Balice) (IATA: KRK, ICAO: EPKK) is an international airport located near Kraków, in the village of Balice, 11 km (6.8 mi) west of the city centre, in southern Poland. The airport has one concrete runway, number 07/25, 2550x60m. The airport can handle such a large aircraft as Boeing 747-400.
The airport opened for civil aviation in 1964. EPKK is the second busiest airport in the country after Warsaw Frederic Chopin Airport. The airport has good growth prospects, as almost 8 million people live within 100 km (62 mi) of it. The airport also has a favourable location on the network of existing and planned motorways in this region of Poland, but it faces stiff competition from the nearby EPKT Katowice International Airport in Pyrzowice and other Polish airports like EPRZ Rzeszów. In 1995 the airport's name was changed from Kraków-Balice Airport to John Paul II International Airport Kraków-Balice, to honor Pope John Paul II who spent many years of his life in Kraków.
In 2003, when Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair became interested in starting a service from the John Paul II International Airport, the airport authorities refused to reduce the airport fee. In response, the regional authorities of Kraków and Lesser Poland Voivodeship decided to build a new airport near the existing one, using the infrastructure of the military airbase adjacent to the shared runway. Finally an agreement was reached, and the existing airport was opened to Ryanair and other low-cost carriers such as Germanwings, EasyJet and Centralwings. Over the past number of years low cost carrier Ryanair have grown services from Krakow Airport and since May 2010 Ryanair had 20 routes from the airport. The busiest international routes are to London (Gatwick, Stansted, Luton) and Dublin. On 28 August 2007, a Ryanair flight from Shannon suffered a bird strike on its final approch and blew its front tires during landing, resulting in an airport closure for a few hours and requiring an emergency evacuation of the aircraft. There were no injuries and the aircraft sustained no further damage.
- Fully compatible with FSX and Prepar3D
- Detailed EPKK airport and the whole city of Kraków with high quality photoreal ground (seasons night)
- All roofs covered with snow in the winter time
- Interiors modelled for the tower (tower view alligned) and the observation deck in the terminal
- All buildings textured with high quality photoreal textures
- Custom modelled people, aircrafts and trees
- Very detailed autogen and mesh for the whole area
- Famous landmarks
- Compatible with AES (Airport Enhancement Services)
- Compatible with UTX and VFR Poland
- Product includes customly designed charts and a manual in PDF format
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition), FSX: Steam Edition or Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D V1-V4
Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 with the latest Service Packs
3 GHz processor (Dual or Quad Core processor recommended)
2 GB RAM
DX9 graphics card with 512 MB
Download-Size: 730 MB
- Compatibility with: FSX, FSX:SE, FSW, P3D V1-V4
- Removed demolished buildings
- Inserted constructed buildings (new terminal, new hotel, new tower, new military hangar and more)
- Many "invisible" things done to make that 2011 scenery work as good as it did for the last few years
- Night lighting changed
- The ground layout has not been changed
- Due to those old ground poly there is a shadow problem in P3D
- Due to the fact of the new terminal being placed on old ground poly, gates 2, 3 and 4 are not accesible
- The photoreal image has not been changed, the new hotel and terminal models are placed on the old image