The user interface has been fundamentally rethought, all functions have been integrated into the typical flow of a flight. Depending on the flight phase, the available functions are displayed which enables a fast usage.
- During flight planning, the planned and current aircraft weight is displayed.
- The selection of the runway at the departure airport and the parking position at the destination airport are directly preselected for the FollowMe.
- On the Departure page, you can now control the third-party plugin BetterPushback in addition to the FollowMe.
- In the Parking area, the summary of the times and fuel of the completed flight is displayed.
- New features in the options menu, such as the "always connect jetway" function, this basically connects jetways to the aircraft.
- The SAM Suite installation manager known in SAM2 is not to be used for SAM3.
- We have a new tool "ContentManager", which can now be run in game as well as externally. Also the activation of the extensions is done in the ContentManager.
- For SAM3 to work correctly, old SAM2 versions should be completely uninstalled (including all extensions and SAM Suite itself.
- Please keep in mind that after reinstallation all paid extensions have to be activated again. The SAM2 serials will still work.
- SAM2 is now officially no longer supported, but remains online.
- All SAM2 sceneries can still be used without any problems.
- There is no need to update an already configured scenery.
The latest version (3.0.4) is available for download here.
A detailed description of all new features and functions can be found here.