We are pleased to announce that the first part of the World of Aircraft series "Glider Simulator" will be released on 26.05.2021 in the Aerosoft Shop and on Steam.
Experience general aviation as never before! The first release, World of Aircraft: Glider Simulator, puts you in the cockpit of the aircraft you find on an airfield dedicated to gliders. You will find older and modern gliders, even a motor glider and a glider with auxiliary engine waiting for you. You will even find a highly detailed tow aircraft to get your gliders in the air.
World of Aircraft uses a dedicated graphics and physics engine to simulate small aviation. Each edition focuses on one specific kind of aviation and will always contain the area, airport(s) and aircraft you need to explore that kind of aviation.
Because it does not want to cover all the world and all kinds of aviation you get more detail for the parts that are in the simulation when compared with full blown simulators.
Look forward to the following aircraft:
- H36 Dimona: The Dimona is not a great motor aircraft and not a great glider, but it is a brilliant cross between the two. You can fly to your gliding areas and never have to worry about not making it back to your base.
- LET L-13 Blanik: This two-seater trainer has been for many pilots the aircraft they got their first flight in. It’s used all over the world with over 3000 aircraft build since 1958. Easy to fly, it is an ideal aircraft to get your baptize in.
- ASK-21: The ASK-21 is still in production and is in use by many glider clubs as an aerobatic and cross-country glider as well as a trainer. A fine glider to use after you used the Blanik.
- ASK-21 Mi: The ASK-21 Mi is the same glider as the Ask-21 but has a retractable rotary engine and is self-launching.
- PZL-104 Wilga: It looks like a dinosaur and in many ways it really is. Aerodynamics clearly were not the first consideration in the design. But it is an amazing aircraft that can land anywhere and even two gliders at the same time!
You can find more information and screenshots on the product page.