Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS51019
- Publisher: Dovetail Games
- Language: Multilingual
- Current version: STEAM
The BR Heavy Freight Pack brings together two icons of British Motive Power, the Class 40, one of the first mass produced diesel-electric locomotive classes for British Railways, and the BR Class 08, perhaps one of the most common sights on the British railway network. This bumper double-loco pack brings iconic and historic heavy freight operations to the Northern Trans-Pennine route. Experience a bygone era of freight haulage as you move thousands of tons of fuel and goods over the challenging Trans-Pennine grades.
A total of 200 ‘Whistlers’ (so called because of their distinctive turbo whistle sound) were built by English Electric over a four-year period from 1958 and were – for a time – considered to be the pride of British Rail’s early diesel fleet. Despite the mixed success of the initial 10 Class 40 prototypes, BR ordered a further 190 locomotives. Such were the changes in working practices during the build period of the ‘Whistlers’, batches were delivered with significant design differences.
The Class 08 was the ‘go to’ locomotive for general purpose duties, with almost any shunting required in yards and at stations carried out by a ‘Gronk’. Over a ten-year period from 1952, almost 1,000 models were built at British Railways’ Derby, Crewe, Darlington, Doncaster and Horwich Works, making it the most numerous of all BR classes.
Please note: Train Sim World®: Northern Trans-Pennine: Manchester - Leeds Route Add-On is required, as a separate purchase, in order to utilise the content featured in this add-on.
- BR Class 40 ‘Whistler’ in BR Corporate Blue Livery
- BR Class 08 ‘Gronk’ in BR Corporate Blue Livery
- BR 12T Van Wagon
- BR 100T TEA Bogie Tank Wagon
- Accurate, true-to-life performance and handling
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling for both locomotives and multiple unit
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real locomotives
- Includes three engaging scenarios and an interactive tutorial for Northern Trans-Pennine
- Operable in Service Mode in Northern Trans-Pennine with more than 10 services to take control of
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology
- Download size: 221.4mb
Train Sim World® 2020
OS: 64-bit Windows 7 (SP1) / 8 / 8.1 /10
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.7 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 270 with 2 GB VRAM or more
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Additional Notes: Requires mouse and keyboard or Xbox Controller
Internet connection and free STEAM-ACCOUNT for the activation required!
Notes: We provide a serial number with the purchase of this download version. Afterwards, you need to download this add-on via STEAM and activate it. This requires a STEAM account. Further information can be found in the installation instruction.