Prezzi incl. 22% IVA
Disponibile come download immediato
- Numero Ordine: AS15159
- Publisher: REX Game Studios
- Lingua: English
- Versione corrente: 1.4
Weather Force is the new metar-based dynamic real-time weather engine for Microsoft Flight Simulator!
By utilizing inter-process communication with the simulator via fine granular control, you will experience automated, dynamic, and smooth weather transitions from real-world reporting metar stations.
Weather Force also includes a wide range of proprietary dynamic, changing (non-static) weather scenarios. These scenarios are unlike the static weather presets that ship with Microsoft Flight Simulator.
With real-time metar data as the foundation, the weather force weather engine provides a more realistic weather experience!
- The metar data is updated 6x an hour and downloaded directly from NOAA and can provide accurate results within a 1/8th mile of a given point.
- Weather Force utilizes uniquely built algorithms to combine both metar and model data to cover sparse areas such as deserts and oceans.
- The GFS (Global Forecast System) Model data is downloaded twice daily from NCEP and provides key atmospheric conditions to give a snapshot of temperature and winds aloft.
Weather Force reads remarks provided with live metar reports to determine if storms are near the aerodrome. Thus, even if the automated metar may indicate clear conditions, if remarks indicate storms nearby, storms will be generated near the reporting station as in real life.
Powerful Weather Search
If you are looking to fly at a particular location or in certain weather conditions, Weather Force includes a handy weather search feature that allows you to search by airport or by weather criteria.
Dynamic Changing Weather Scenarios (DCWS)
To add even more interest, Weather Force comes with dynamic changing weather scenarios (DCWS). These weather scenarios are dynamic, unlike the static default presets in Microsoft Flight Simulator. These Weather Force weather scenarios dynamically change over time and provide various elements of changing weather over the course of your flight. Examples provided below of included scenarios:
- Fair weather
- Approaching cold front
- Approaching warm front
- Hot and humid summer
- Lake effect snows
- Winter storm
- Crisp winter
- Spring showers
Because DCWS are centralized on the REX servers, REX can periodically add new and exciting scenarios, which will be automatically added to your application without the need to update Weather Force.
Tracking The Weather
In Weather Force you have the ability to easily track your 10 favorite airports, therefore, clearly identifying what the detailed weather is like at each. If you require a more detailed report, simply click on the ICAO and receive in-depth data about the airport weather conditions.
Behind the Scenes
- The Goal
With Microsoft Flight Simulator, we have been provided a powerful weather system as a start. The goal is to provide an even more robust weather environment. The REX developers have worked diligently to render the weather as it should be, yet stay true to the validity of real-world metar data.
- Smoothing Mechanism
In addition, the REX developers have carefully added a smoothing mechanism to the engine to gradually smooth and transition the weather over time between updates. Of course, you have complete control over the weather update factors as well as transition speed.
- Continued and Consistent Development
The REX developers are dedicated to continuously develop and update Weather Force as new API’s become available from Asobo and Microsoft, thus they have developed an implementary system to deliver program updates quickly and easily to you.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- Operating System: Windows 10
- RAM Memory: 16 GB or higher
- Hard Drive Space: 10 GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 770 | AMD Radeon RX 570
- Internet connection required for installation, registration and operation
Technial Update 1.4 (February 19, 2021):
- FIXED – Compatibility with latest version of Microsoft’s Flight Simulator (1.13.16)
- FIXED – Weather injection with metar reporting precipitation, but no clouds
Technial Update 1.3 (January 21, 2021):
- FIXED – Favorite airport weather updates
- FIXED – Aerosol option not saving
- FIXED – Clouds not clearing after full overcast
- FIXED – Ability to startup multiple versions of Weather Force
- FIXED – Improper weather mode reporting after selecting DWP weather injection on initial load
- FIXED – Snow not rendering with use of DWP
- FIXED – No snow generating when snow was falling at the airport
- IMPROVED – Cloud rendering based upon saturation and stability indexes found in the atmospheric column from balloon and model data
- IMPROVED – Clearing cloud density during weather automation
- IMPROVED – Pilot2ATC file export weather updates
- IMPROVED – Surface weather condition rendering at higher elevation airports
- IMPROVED – Initial load of snow on ground based upon 7-day weather conditions
- ADDED – Instant updating of temperature, pressure and wind during initial weather injection
- ADDED – Instant snow coverage if snow is falling at the departure airport
- ADDED – Function to keep snow coverage on the ground during flight based upon 7-day review of snowfall at the airport and temperature during flight
- ADDED – Ability to search weather and view weather at favorite airports during weather synthesis
Technical Update 1.2.1 (December 24, 2020):
- FIXED - Compatibility with issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator 18.104.22.168
Technical Update 1.2 (November 23, 2020):
- FIXED – Multiple cloud layer decks now rendering properly
- FIXED – Registration process, to avoid having to re-enter registration criteria
- FIXED – Tightened weather synthesis grid to locate closer airports
- FIXED – Reduced thickness of low level overcast cloud layers
- FIXED – Increased font of METAR and TAF reports on main interface
- IMPROVED – Fog rendering when no clouds are reported on the METAR
- ADDED – Support for Pilot2ATC
- ADDED – Option to disabled Aerosol synthesis during weather injections
- ADDED – 4 additional Dynamic Weather Presets: Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Rainy Day and Bob Ross Happy Clouds
Technical Update 1.1 (October 29, 2020):
- FIXED – Extremely cold temperatures aloft
- FIXED – Temperatures to match data from data models
- FIXED – .net error 0xC000014B by updating to latest build of SimConnect
- FIXED – Range of weather search for live weather search and injection
- FIXED – Some favorite airports not being created due to improper characters
- FIXED – Registration errors to confirm data is valid
- FIXED – Clicking favorite airports causing weather reports during Weather Synthesis
- FIXED – Favorite airports loading store airports on server
- FIXED – Favorite airports refresh every 30 minutes
- ADDED – ICAO weather search show ICAO on top of rest of data surrounding the ICAO.ADDED – Persistent weather data injection to help reduce frame rate hits during injection
- CHANGED – Weather presentation to show wind direction in degrees
- CHANGED – Dynamic Changing Weather Scenarios to Dynamic Weather Presets to make more sense
- CHANGED – Security protocol within the application
- REMOVED – Temperature, pressure, and wind controls from main injection so they will read as aircraft is in flight