Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS12827
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: FlightSimSoft
- Language: English/Deutsch
- Current version: 2.04
PFPX - Professional Flight Planner X - is a new and innovative flight planning tool developed by real-world pilots and dispatchers. It’s a valuable and realistic addition to your flight simulation experience enabling you to create professional quality flight plans similar to those used by real-world airlines.
Take your simulation to the next level!
A user-friendly interface helps to easily build flight plans in a few steps. Advanced options permit realistic flight planning with sophisticated features like Long Range (EROPS) and Re-Dispatch Planning. The printable Flight Briefing Package includes real-time weather and wind charts as well as NOTAM, METAR and TAF reports. Planned routes can be exported to various add-ons like Airbus X Extended, PMDG 737 NGX, 747 and MD 11.
PFPX comes with a large aircraft database ranging from Airbus and Boeing types to smaller airplanes like Citation and Cirrus. An open source file format allows simple creation of new aircraft types. Regular navigation database updates are available for realistic route planning.
A sample Flight Briefing Package can be downloaded here.
- Fully adjustable and customizable user interface
- Worldwide navigation database (regular updates available from third-party providers)
- "Easy plan" function for quick flight plan creation
- Large database of included aircraft types
- Re-Dispatch and EROPS/ETOPS integration
- Cost-Index based flight planning and constant Mach number segments
- Various integrated fuel planning rules (EU-OPS, FAR, CASA, etc.)
- User-definable individual fuel planning rules
- Real-time METAR/TAF and NOTAM download
- Accurate up-to-date Upper winds
- Graphical, zoom- and pan-able world map
- Printable flight briefing package
- Plan via North Atlantic Tracks (NAT), Pacific Track System (PACOTS) and Australian Organized Track System (AUSOTS)
- Automatic, manual or advanced route building including SIDs/STARs
- Route export function to various add-ons
- CFMU flight plan validation
PFPX uses several types of data to provide real-time information directly into the program. These data are collected from various sources, processed and formatted by our servers and automatically distributed to your local PFPX device. These data are: Winds, METAR, TAF, Tracks and NOTAMs. Providing this up-to-date real-time data produces quite a large amount of server data traffic.
Beginning with the initial activation, a (free) server subscription for 365 days is automatically configured. After this period, the subscription can be extended by purchasing additional server subscription time.
What if my subscription expires?
If you elect NOT to extend the server subscription, PFPX will still be fully functional, but without real-time data such as Winds, METAR, TAF, Tracks, NOTAMs and CFMU flight plan validation. Other sources, like ActiveSky and RealEnvironment Extreme and your saved weather data and tracks will still be functional! You can elect to extend your subscription at any time, even if it already has expired!
Conclusion by MutleysHangar.com:
"...There has never been anything like this available for simmers. My memories go back to the first real attempt at something similar which was produced by Doug Snow (a dispatcher whose name you will frequently encounter on the PFPX forum) in the form of a massive Excel spreadsheet, and that was well over ten years ago — not to mention FSBuild, Flightsim Commander, and all the other worthy attempts since. But none of them have ever approached PFPX’s ability to make ETOPS planning so amazingly easy — and also so much fun! Whilst it’s straightforward enough to find any old route from A to B, either from the Internet or elsewhere, the fulfilment of thoroughly planning one for yourself taking into account the prevailing winds, oceanic tracks, and so on is considerable, and the result definitely enhances your enjoyment of the subsequent flight, as well as the satisfaction which you derive from it... Mutley’s Hangar score of 9.3/10, "Highly recommended" and a Mutley's Hangar Silver Award."
Conclusion by simFlight.com:
"The program itself had input from real world pilots and dispatchers and has set a new bar for the realism factor in planning. As with any product of this magnitude, I recommend you also read the manual that comes with the product. It is supplied in both English and German languages and will dig in even further to what this product can do! Now there truly is no excuse for incorrect flight plans!"
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, Windows® 8
- Pentium 4 Processor with 1 GB RAM or more
- OpenGL 1.1 or higher compatible video card supporting S3TC texture compression
- Screen resolution of 1024x768 pixel or more
- 250 MB hard disc space
- Download-Size: 190 MB
- Installations-Size: 400 MB
Internet Connection required (for product activation, online weather/NOTAMs, program updates)
Version 2.04 (17 DEC 2020):
- Improved multi-screen support
- Improved IVAO/VATSIM traffic view
- Fixed connection issues
- Removed CFMU route validation (service no longer available)
Version 2.03 (10 DEC 2018):
- Added support for restrictive airspace/restricted areas
- Added support for multiple route restriction groups
- Added crew info Template option
- Added ACARS Template option
- Added vector charts (vertical profile, route, wind, pilotting)
- Improved route finding algorithm
- Added terrain database and functions
- Added 'Schedule Editor' dialog
- Added advanced NOTAM filtering options
- Added weather trend indicators/alerts
- Improved airport, airway and restrictive airspace tooltip information
- Added airmet, tropical cyclone and volcaninc ash advisories
- Improved 'user airway & waypoint editor'