Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS14233
- Publisher: Just Flight London
- Language: English
- Current version: 2.06
This FSX and Prepar3D collection covers the short fuselage -50 series up to the ultra-long stretched -73 series and includes three distinctive cockpit variations from the classic round-dial analogue version through a part-modernised version to the modern 'glass cockpit' variant in the later models.
This collection of the later series of DC-8 models, complete with 20 high-resolution liveries from around the globe, combines all the very latest modelling and texturing techniques with accurate flight dynamics and realistic sounds to bring you an authentic simulation of these iconic aircraft!
- Pratt and Whitney and CFM-56 engines on the later versions, all modelled with their own unique reverse thrust operation.
- Many unique animations, including retractable landing lights, opening pressure valve gate in the tail, rams and operating levers for the spoilers and flaps and, of course, the trim-adjustable flying horizontal/elevator tail assembly.
- Authentically modelled and animated landing gear with details such as springs, detailed brake lines and wheel cylinders. Earlier models than the -62 feature the distinctive swivelling rear main undercarriage bogies.
- Pre-flight flags, wheel chocks, cargo loading scissor lift, air start truck and self-powered entry stairs all add to the authentic feel of this classic jetliner.
- Realistic wing flex and many special effects which include the incredible smoke clouds and trails from the early DC-8 jets and reverse thrust smoke coming from the apertures in each engine when reverse thrust is applied.
- The complex virtual cockpit has been built with authenticity in mind - the Engineer’s station alone contains hundreds of realistically operating switches and dials for monitoring the engine, hydraulic, electrical and fuel systems. Just about every switch, lever and knob is operational and functional. Flight instruments can be set up just like the real thing.
- A very realistic (and noisy!) sound set is included for the Pratt and Whitney JT range of engines fitted to the -50, -60 and EC-24A models with their distinctive ‘howling’ air start and another custom set is provided for the quieter CFM engine used on the -70 series.
Variants and liveries:
- Aeronaves de Mexico (XA-SID)
- Air New Zealand (ZK-NZF)
- United Airlines (N8065U)
DC-8-55 Jet Trader:
- Air Canada Cargo (C-FTJP)
- Iberia (EC-BMV)
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cargo (PH-DCZ)
DC-8-61 (The first of the 'Super 60' series):
- Japan Airlines (JA8043) (Early and later version cockpits included)
- Nationair (C-GMXB) (Early and later version cockpits included)
- Rich International Airways (N1805)
- Swissair (HB-IDL)
- Icelandair (TF-FLV)
- Sterling Airways (OY-SBK)
- Worldways Canada (C-FCPS)
- ONA Overseas National Airways (N8635)
- Trans International Airways (N4863T)
DC-8-73 F (The 'Super Seventies'):
- DHL (DHL Airways) (N805DH)
- Air Transport International – ATI (N604BX)
- Lufthansa Cargo (D-ADUE)
- United Parcel Service – UPS (N814UP)
- United States Navy (163050)
- The -53 series 'traditional cockpit'. This is also available as an alternative in the -61 to portray the -61 ‘early’ aircraft version
- The -60 series 'modern cockpit' has later-style radios and an FMC (Flight Management Computer) fitted. This cockpit is used in all the -60 series including the -61 'modern' version
- The -70 series has its own 'glass cockpit' with PFD, MFD, FMC and other modern equipment
Special effects have been created to reproduce the incredible smoke trails the earlier DC-8 jets produced. These are, of course, far less noticeable in the CFM 56 engine versions!. Correct reverse thrust smoke has also been modelled and can be seen streaming from the apertures in each engine when reverse thrust is applied.
When using the fuel dump facility, the dumped fuel can be seen streaming out of the wing vents.
Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration or Gold), FSX: Steam Edition and Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D V1-V4
Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
2.0 GHz or any Dual Core
2.0 GB RAM
512 MB graphics card
5.16 GB hard drive space
Download-Size: 1 GB