Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS15701
- Manufact./Publisher: aviaworx
- Language: English
A new sensation of flight
aviaFlyByWire redefines your manual flight experience without compromising realism.
What is it?
aviaFlyByWire is a flight control augmentation system that takes care of making manual flight easy, intuitive and smooth.
How does it work?
aviaFlyByWire intercepts your flight control hardware’s aileron and elevator signals (let’s call them X and Y values) and redirects these signals to a flight control loop. This then interprets the raw signals and uses them to command roll and pitch rates (the more you deflect your elevator, the faster the pitch change). Finally, the control loop calculates the actual aileron and elevator surface positions and sends these output signals to the aircraft. Very similar to the fly-by-wire mechanisms found in complex airliners.
Does it work with every aircraft?
- Usually Yes*
*As long as your aircraft’s developer isn’t using ‘exotic’ / non-standard methods of manipulating control surfaces or implementing their own control loops (e.g. if your aircraft already comes with a fly-by-wire system, adding aviaFlyByWire to the mix may result in unwanted conditions).
How is aviaFlyByWire used?
aviaFlyByWire, like every other aviaWorx app, is fully integrated into aviaServer – so make sure that is running.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2), FSX: SE or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2-V5
- Either PMDG 737 NGX with SP1c, PMDG 737 NGXu, PMDG 777X, PMDG 747 QOTS II, Fly the Maddog X MD-82 SP 1.10, Aerosoft CRJ SP1, TFDi Design 717, Aerosoft A318-A321 Professional, Aerosoft A330 Professional, QualityWings 787 or Majestic Software’s Q400 1.020b
- .NET Runtime 4.5.2 (usually already pre-installed)
- If you run Prepar3D, make sure FSX-SP2-XPACK SimConnect is installed. You’ll find it in [P3D folder]redistInterfaceFSX-SP2-XPACKretaillibSimConnect.msi