Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS14681
- Publisher: HiFi Technologies
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.0
Active Sky for Prepar3D V4 (ASP4) represents 17 years of weather simulation engine development! Building on the Active Sky weather engine experience, ASP4 brings a new 64-bit ASConnect simulator interface, 64-bit XGauge, new Air Effect enhancements, new Visibility Depiction enhancements and more, all specifically designed for Prepar3D V4!
In-Cloud Motion Effects, Weather Scenarios System, Airborne Weather Radar, P3D Visibility Smoothing and Volumetric Fog Integration, Navigraph Data Integration, Map-based Custom Weather Editing System, Universal Web Companion App, Mapping System and a High-Latitude Cloud Squeeze Fix are just a few of the advanced features included in the core Active Sky platform.
ASP4 also incorporates full integration with Active Sky Cloud Art (ASCA), our graphics add-on for both FSX (AS16) and P3D (ASP4). ASCA includes cloud textures, sky textures, and 3D cloud models to transform your skies, while also incorporated Real-Time Dynamic Cloud and Sky Textures! This enables realistic weather-influenced texture variation that reloads throughout your flight without needing to shut down and restart your simulator. You can use any graphics add-on(s) with ASP45, but dynamic texture reloads require the ASP4+ASCA combination.
New ASP4 Features:
- Redesigned 64-bit ASConnect simulator interface with tight P3Dv4 integration
- Updated XGauge radar and weather display gauge, now in 64-bit
- New Air Effect Enhancements including Low-Interval Smoothing for a more organic and realistic feel to updrafts, downdrafts, thermals, gusts, sheer, turbulence and microbursts
- New Visibility Depiction Enhancements including new low and high altitude visibility horizon distance adjustment options
- New Active Runway Data, showing the active runway in use based on current wind conditions via Map pop-ups, Conditions Screen METAR text and Briefing text
- General improvements in performance and stability throughout
- Incorporates all of Active Sky weather engine previous product technologies including highly-realistic global weather data integration, advanced radar and precipitation simulation, cloud position awareness and synchronized cloud-based effects, advanced air effects, microburst simulation, wake turbulence simulation, and much, much more.
Core Features introduced in AS16:
- In-Cloud Motion Effects Feel the speed of motion while flying through clouds
- XGauge WX + Radar Enhanced weather gauge with included realistic airborne radar mode
- Weather Scenarios System Challenge yourself with several scenarios including a Microburst Encounter, Gusting Winds, Wake Turbulence, and more
- High-Latitude Cloud Squeeze Fix Fly high-latitude areas without stretched clouds
- Map-Based Custom Weather Editing System We’ve re-designed custom weather editing and provided a new easy map-based custom weather area manager and weather setting wizard
- ASCA Integration for Real-Time Texture Dynamics ASP4 works with any texture/graphics add-ons (including default graphics), but when combined with ASCA, real-time texture dynamics and automatic wx-influenced selections are enabled
- Web Companion App Remotely view and control weather using any device on your local network with new webserver/browser technology
- Map System Vector Background Options and Background Overlays
- NAVIGRAPH Data Integration Airports, Navaids and Fixes now provided by Navigraph! A complimentary expired database is included with ASP4, and regular AIRAC cycle updates are available with a Navigraph subscription
- Award-Winning Active Sky Weather Simulation Engine – Enhanced Further! We’ve been enhancing and growing Active Sky since 2000, and this new version expands our weather engine even further than ever before
- Enhanced Thunderstorm Effects
Thunderstorms are now very dangerous, as they are in the real world, and require avoidance, in most cases, to ensure safe and successful completion of your flights – Flying into heavy cells can result in loss of aircraft control and even airframe stress overload
- Performance-Focused Design
We’ve taken the previous codebase for Active Sky and re-factored it, tuned it, and re-designed many core areas for increased performance and usability
- User Interface Improvements
We’ve incorporated user feedback and made dozens and dozens of improvements throughout the entire UI
- Hybrid Weather Depiction Technology
AS16 uses multiple integration and depiction methods to provide realistic, smooth and correct weather and ambient conditions at all times, while also providing full cloud position awareness to enable advanced cloud-synchronized radar, precipitation and air effects
- High-Fidelity Data Resolution and Coverage
Active Sky 16 includes enhanced global gridded weather data, global sigmets and airmets, global surface data and global aloft data for much improved realism and coverage for all kinds of conditions in all areas without relying strictly on METAR reports
- High-Fidelity Air Effects
Wake Turbulence, Microbursts, Downdrafts, Updrafts, Terrain-influenced Drafts, Thermals and more!
- Smooth Transitions
Cloud formations, wind, temperature, visibility and every other aspect of your weather is smoothed, transitioned and interpolated for the ultimate in realism
- Private Server Network
AS16 utilizes the high-performance and high-availability HiFi DataNet weather network with multiple servers in multiple regions around the world, providing high-resolution weather data and historical data archives for the past 2 years
- Online Historical Data with Playback
Fly in weather at any date/time up to 2 years in the past and have weather update realistically throughout your flight according to hourly-archived conditions
- Active Sky API
AS16 utilizes an extended version of the Active Sky API, allowing 3rd party developers to integrate and take advantage of advanced radar, icing, wind shear, weather data and weather controlling extensibility
- Much More!
AS16’s full feature list is too numerous to list here, but we invite you to TRY ASP4 for yourself and experience all it has to offer!
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3/V4+
Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 or later
2 GHz processor or better (3.0+ GHz processor recommended)
2 GB RAM or better (4+ GB RAM recommended)
1 GB available hard drive space
Minimum monitor resolution to access all user interface features: 1024×768 (1280×800 or better resolution recommended)
Sound device (for sound and voice features)
Broadband high-speed internet connection
This is an ONLINE product that requires an active connection for proper functionality and features – it cannot be used offline!
This product is licensed PER COMPUTER and requires a valid license for each active computer installation. Using the product on multiple PCs by a single or multiple users will result in automatic deactivation. 10 computer moves/re-activations are included automatically. Subsequent re-activations will require contacting our support department, providing order verification documentation, and confirming proper and valid use per the license agreement.