Price excl. VAT
Product in development
- Article number: AS14697
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: World of Aircraft Team
- Language: English/German
In development! Experience general aviation as never before! World of Aircraft is a series of stand-alone simulators that each focus on a specific kind of flying. World of Aircraft – Glider Simulator includes a series of (motor-) gliders and tow aircraft based on a high-definition flying area.
World of Aircraft uses a dedicated graphics and physics engine to simulate small aviation. Each edition focuses on one specific kind of aviation and will always contain the area, airport(s) and aircraft you need to explore that kind of aviation. Because it does not want to cover all the world and all kinds of aviation you get more detail for the parts that are in the simulation when compared with full blown simulators.
It’s a pure VFR simulator so it only simulates flights done without complex instruments and you navigate with your compass and your eyes. It’s about the joy of being in the air and mastering your machine.
The first release, World of Aircraft – Glider Simulator, puts you in the cockpit of the aircraft you find on an airfield dedicated to gliders. You will find older and modern gliders, even a motor glider and a glider with auxiliary engine waiting for you. You will even find a highly detailed tow aircraft to get your gliders in the air.
The flight modeling is exquisite and will show the strengths and weaknesses of each model. Most certainly World of Aircraft is not a game but a simulation and you will need to expect having to invest some time learning to fly all aircraft.
- H36 Dimona: The Dimona is not a great motor aircraft and not a great glider, but it is a brilliant cross between the two. You can fly to your gliding areas and never have to worry about not making it back to your base.
- LET L-13 Blanik: This two-seater trainer has been for many pilots the aircraft they got their first flight in. It’s used all over the world with over 3000 aircraft build since 1958. Easy to fly, it is an ideal aircraft to get your baptize in.
- ASK-21: The ASK-21 is still in production and is in use by many glider clubs as an aerobatic and cross-country glider as well as a trainer. A fine glider to use after you used the Blanik.
- ASK-21 Mi: The ASK-21 Mi is the same glider as the Ask-21 but has a retractable rotary engine and is self-launching.
- PZL-104 Wilga: It looks like a dinosaur and in many ways it really is. Aerodynamics clearly were not the first consideration in the design. But it is an amazing aircraft that can land anywhere and even two gliders at the same time!
Area and airport(s):
World of Aircraft – Glider Simulator is located at Herrenteich airport, a small airfield on the borders of the Rhine river, close to Speyer (and Speyer airport is included). A 50x50-kilometre area is modelled in high detail with tens of thousands of trees, house and commercial buildings. A 30-centimetre ground image provides a perfect backdrop for the area.
When you are done with the training missions and the challenges you can connect to your friends and fly together. Use the Wilga to tow your friends to altitude or see who can perform the most precise landing. You could even try aerobatics as a team. The sky is the limit. This time for real. See you at the field!