Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS15850
- Manufact./Publisher: Laminar Research
- Language: English
X-Plane 12 is the latest version in the flight simulator series for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. In this simulator, there is a whole world to discover. Thanks to its open structure, all users and enthusiasts can change every single part of it and adapt it to their preferences.
In X-Plane 12, every major aspect of how Laminar Research simulates the world and its effects on aviation has been rewritten based on first-principles physics and real-world data with tireless pursuit of realism.
Try the demo version here: https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/
- Photometric Lighting Engine
Light brightness, intensity, spread, and more – all computed in real time with the laws of physics.
- 3D Water
Gorgeous global water rendering, complete with wave height controls and floatplane interaction based on feedback from expert pilots.
- Seasonal Effects
Tree colour and leaf coverage vary to show season – snow accumulates, too!
- Tropical Water Colors
Gorgeous, geographically-aware water colours.
- 3D Forests and Vegetation
Large variety of 3D trees with variation of species, size, and seasonal effects. They even sway in the wind.
- Ambient Sounds
The entire world now comes to life with FMOD sound – birds in the forest, cars in the cities and of course, ground service vehicles.
X-Plane 12 includes detailed 3-D scenery for more than 17,000 airports around the world – all with new ground textures, towers and pavement effects to enhance realism.
- Tower Kit
Custom suite of endless control tower variation, easy to use for maximal realism.
- Animated Jetways
Jetways move to meet your aircraft when parked at the gate.
- Localized ATC Procedures/Voices
Air Traffic Control follow regional procedures and accents around the world.
- Pavement Effects
Airport artists can choose from a library of pavement effects to perfectly capture the look-and-feel of airports by setting level of cracking, oil spills, pavement material, and more.
- Volumetric 3D Clouds
Immersive clouds to fully capture the sensation of flight.
- Real Weather
Proprietary algorithms to turn data from the real world into X-Plane weather.
- Wake Turbulence
Powerful streams of upset air left in the atmosphere by other aircraft – just like real life.
Small, powerful downdrafts – perfectly modelled with pilot training in mind.
Terrain-generated updrafts that allow gilders to gain altitude without a tow plane.
- Snow, Rain and Ice Accumulation
Precipitation now accumulates on surfaces, freezing or thawing based on temperature.
- Cessna Citation X
- Cirrus SR22
- Grumman F-14 Tomcat
- Lancair Evolution
- Piper PA-18 Super Cub
- Robinson R22 Beta II
- Vans Aircraft RV-10
- Airbus A330-300
- Cessna 172SP
- Aero-Works Aerolite 103
- Boeing 737-800
- Beechcraft King Air C90
- Beechcraft Baron 58
- Cirrus Vision SF50
- McDonnell Douglas MD-80
- Schleicher ASK 21
- Sikorsky S-76
- Stinson L-5 Sentinel
Minimum system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i3, i5, i7, or i9 CPU with 4 or more cores | AMD Ryzen 3, 5, 7 or 9 (Those with other CPUs should try the demo before purchasing)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Video Card: Vulkan 1.3-capable video card from NVIDIA or AMD with at least 2 GB VRAM
If your system is borderline, we encourage you to try the demo first. The full version of the simulator will perform exactly the same as the demo - neither better nor worse.
Recommended system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5 8600k | Ryzen 5 3500 or better | Apple Silicon
- Memory: 16-24 GB RAM or more
- Video Card: DirectX 12-capable video card from NVIDIA or AMD with at least 4 GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better, or similar from AMD)
Supported operating systems:
- OS X: OS X 10.15 or newer (e.g. Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey)
- Windows: Windows 10 or 11 (64-bit)
- Linux: Varies
- If you want to run on Linux, you will need to try X-Plane on your distribution to see if it is compatible. We have developers using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and newer successfully, however we don’t provide support for specific distributions.
- We require the proprietary driver from NVIDIA to run X-Plane. We require the Mesa drivers, version 22.0 or newer, for AMD to run X-Plane.
Supported video cards:
- NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce 900 or newer, driver version 510 or newer
- AMD: AMD Radeon RX 500 or newer, driver version Adrenaline 22.2.1 or newer