Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS51016
- Publisher: Dovetail Games
- Language: Multilingual
- Current version: STEAM
As freight demands and the spread of electrification grew throughout the mid-1960s, it became apparent that Deutsche Reichsbahn’s current fleet of freight locomotives were no longer up to the task alone; not only that, but motive power which pre-dated the Second World War was in dire need of replacement. This meant a new electric locomotive was needed.
DR were after a six-axle locomotive that could easily haul any form of rolling stock, be that freight or passenger, and other features such as a light steel body and ergonomic driver’s cab were also part of the plans. The new Co’Co’ locomotives were given the title of “E51” and construction of the first prototypes began in the early 1970s. By the time of their completion in 1974, the prototypes had been designated as the DR BR 250.
Following the reunification of Germany in 1994, the DR BR 250s were renumbered under Deutsche Bahn’s reclassification system and become known as the DB BR 155s. Following this, the BR 155s could be seen all over the German rail network, hauling a wide variety of freight services, including fast container trains on the high-speed lines.
The “Electric Container”, as it’s affectionately known to railfans, has stood the test of time and you can take to the rails hauling heavy freight with a nostalgic twist, as the iconic DB BR 155 is now available for Train Sim World for enticing Ruhr-Sieg Nord action!
Please Note: Ruhr-Sieg Nord is required, as a separate purchase, in order to utilise the content featured in this add-on.
- DB BR 155 Electric Locomotive in DB Traffic Red livery
- Authentic operating controls including thyristor phase change throttle control, straight air and blended air and thyristor controlled resistive brake, traction motor and transformer blower control, pantograph, wiper, headlight and many more
- Also includes driving position height adjustment
- Fully functioning SIFA and PZB 90 safety systems
- Accurate, true-to-life performance and handling
- Highly authentic driving cabs with interactive controls
- Includes three engaging scenarios and an interactive tutorial for Ruhr-Sieg Nord
- Operable in Service Mode in Ruhr-Sieg Nord and Main-Spessart Bahn, includes a set of additional services that increases the level of traffic across the route
Train Sim World®
OS: Windows 7 (SP1) / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.7 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti or AMD Radeon R9 270 with 2 GB VRAM or more
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 20 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Additional Notes: Requires mouse and keyboard or Xbox Controller
Internet connection and free STEAM-ACCOUNT for the activation required!
Notes: We provide a serial number with the purchase of this download version. Afterwards, you need to download this add-on via STEAM and activate it. This requires a STEAM account. Further information can be found in the installation instruction.