Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS50633
- Publisher: Dovetail Games
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.00
The GWR 6000 Class was the largest production locomotive used by the Great Western Railway, and was referred to as the King Class following the naming of the first example after the then-monarch, King George V, in 1927.
King George V went on to gain further fame when it visited the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad in the United States in 1927 to participate in the railroad’s centenary celebrations, and was presented with a commemorative silver bell. Designed to be the most powerful British passenger locomotives of their day, the Kings could produce superb performances when driven by an experienced crew, and it was not unknown for a King to haul an 800-ton train at over 70mph.
The Kings hauled express passenger services (including the Cornish Riviera Limited) and continued in service under nationalisation until 1962, when they were replaced by diesel traction. Three GWR Kings currently survive in preservation, including the illustrious King George V.
For Train Simulator, this impressive powerhouse has real presence on the rails and is highly detailed, even including a realistic glow from the firebox inside the cab and GWR chocolate & cream livery Centenary coaches.
- GWR Class 6000 ‘King’ locomotive in Great Western livery
- Full Train Simulator 2012 functionality and firebox glow
- The King loco is dynamically named, with all 30 Kings available for placing in scenarios via the Scenario Editor
- Appropriate GWR coaches: Centenary Brake Third Class Carriage, Centenary Third Class Carriage, Centenary Composite Carriage, Centenary Brake Composite Carriage, Centenary First Class, Restaurant Car, Centenary Third Class Dining Saloon
- 2 scenarios for the Great Western Main Line (Oxford-Paddington)
Train Simulator (Optional: Great Western Main Line (Oxford-Paddington) to play the scenarios)
Free STEAM-ACCOUNT for the activation
OS: Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 512 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
Notes: We provide a serial number with the purchase of this download version. Afterwards, you need to download this add-on via STEAM and activate it. This requires a STEAM account. Further information can be found in the installation instruction. To use this product you have to agree with the Steam Subscriber Agreement („SSA“). Please take note of the SSA www.steampowered.com/agreement before purchasing this product.