Price incl. 20% VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS50806
- Publisher: Just Trains
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.17
Set in the years between 2013 and 2015, Western Mainlines consists of three newly developed routes running from the terminus station of London Paddington to Bristol, from Bristol to Cardiff and from Bristol to Exeter, all connected seamlessly together in this one pack.
Featuring both the south lines through Box Tunnel and the northern lines via Bristol Parkway, as well as the lines to Oxford, Western Mainlines features 60 stations and numerous new custom assets along with a set of 18 extensive scenarios. The route is Quick Drive enabled.
Paddington to Bristol - this line is the main route running East-West in southern England. Starting from its grand London terminus at Paddington, it runs out to Bristol and from there to Cardiff in Wales and south-west from Bristol to Exeter in this simulation. The line is largely non-electrified, but in the late 1990s the section from Paddington to Heathrow Airport was electrified. There are plans to electrify all of the real-world route but this work is taking time and has been beset by numerous delays.
Bristol to Cardiff - the route from Bristol to Cardiff is part of the South Wales Main Line and continues the westward journey. It breaks away from the main Paddington-Bristol line at Royal Wootton Bassett and continues under the River Severn using the Severn Tunnel. There are plans to electrify the whole of the equivalent real-world route but, again, there have been numerous delays.
Bristol to Exeter - the line from Bristol to Exeter is a major branch of the line from Paddington to Bristol and runs south-west from Bristol.
- Route class: Modern
- Route length: Over 300 miles in total
- 60 stations
- Beautifully detailed and immersive scenery along the Thames Valley and down to Exeter
- Includes 16 Standard and 9 Free Roam scenarios
- Route is Quick Drive enabled
- Just Trains all-new modern LED signals
- Just Trains all-new Overhead Catenary (OHLE)
For certain scenarios to run correctly, the following add-ons are required:
Just Trains: BR 5MT Advanced, BR 7MT Advanced, Class 67 Advanced, Class 60 Advanced, Class 153 DMU Advanced, Voyager Advanced, YGB Seacow PlusPak Advanced (not required if you own Class 60 Advanced and Freight Wagons)
Steam: EWS Class 67, South Wales Coastal Route Add-On, Arriva Trains Wales DMU Pack Add-On, Class 47, Class 166, HST, BR Class 50 Loco Add-on, BR Class 101 DMU Add-on, Class 66 EWS, Class 70 Freightliner (Steam).
Train Simulator with European Loco & Asset Pack
3.0GHz PC or any Dual Core
Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
512MB RAM (1GB for Windows Vista / 7 / 8)
256MB video card with Pixel Shader 2.0 (AGP/PCE only)
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
6.4GB hard drive space
Download-Size: 2 GB
- This patch fixes an issue with the top structure of a bridge crossing the line at Sonning Common was missing
This update removes the two following scenarios that were included in error:
- (VP55): “The Mazy Day Cornishman
- (VP55): “The Mazy Day Cornishman 2
- Route updated for compatibility for Cornish Main Line ADD-ON for Western Mainline update of 10th May 2019
- Moved errant lamppost at Hanwell
- Numerous minor miscellaneous changes
- Scenario fixed: First service to Severn Beach; added missing scenario marker to enable pathing of player train
- Made compatible for Just Trains Cornish Main Line add-on route
- Added invisible platform to Bristol Temple Meads
- Adjusted invisible platforms at various stations including Bristol Temple Meads, Newport and Exeter St Davids
- Numerous miscellaneous adjustments to track, scenery and platforms
- Between Paddington and Bristol some background scenery items that were not visible from the tracks have been removed to help improve frame rates
- 3D trees have been swapped with 2D trees around several stations to help improve frame rates
Please note that, as with any route update, this Western Mainlines update could affect some scenarios which were not created by Just Trains.
- This version of Western Mainlines is required to be installed to allow the South Devon Main Line Western Mainlines Extension to work.
- Work in the Paddington Station area to help improve frame rates.
- Signal removed at Newport that was located in track area.
- Platform marker placed and extended at Newport station.
- Miscellaneous improvements to the route and scenarios in general.
- Replacement of lofts to dedicated London Underground track
- Roads changed from Kuju to Just Trains custom.
- Just Trains custom track textures improved.
- Just Trains custom track ballast textures employed.
- London Underground tracks electrified.
- London Underground S8 stock Ai (for artificial Intelligence use) included. Can be user driven. Has head/tail lights, sounds and whistle but has no cab, interior or animations.