Prix incl. 20% TVA
Disponible en tant que téléchargement immédiat
- Réf. d'article : AS14933
- Fabricant: Aerowinx
- Développeur: Hardy Heinlin
- Langue: English
"NG FMC and More" is an upgrade package for Aerowinx Precision Simulator 10 (PSX); it enables the option to simulate the new B744 NG FMC (Next Generation Flight Management Computer). Additionally, it provides the following bonus features:
- The simulation of multicolor LCD CDUs
- The Wind & OAT corridor tools (advanced weather simulation)
- The SIGMET tools (advanced weather simulation)
The main part -- the NG FMC:
Most B744 aircraft in the real world are now equipped with NG FMCs. The upgrade was necessary because modern ATC procedures require a higher navigation performance. The NG FMC also provides more data uplink features for the preflight and inflight phases. Many useful functions regarding flight safety and pilot assistance have been added as well. Among other things, the NG FMC provides:
- More memory (for up to 250 route legs, etc.)
- VNAV off-idle thrust descent for better speed control
- RF legs (constant radius to a fix)
- Additional waypoint data on the ND
- Change-over guidance on the ND for offset route transitions
- Holding pattern entry guidance on the ND
- FMC computed flap profile points on the ND
- Automatic FMC command speed changes at flap profile points
- RVSM step size logic
- FMC computed recommended CRZ ALT
- Cruise speed segments (CSS) option with ECON, LRC, Mach, RTA
- Speed-only constraints are allowed in climb and descent
- Vectors can be manually entered; automatic intersection calculation etc.
- Second top of descent for deceleration phase at cruise altitude
- Top of descent after level-off segments in descent
- Airline policy pages with editable TO 1 / TO 2 thrust derate values etc.
- New pages for the enroute management of alternate airports and diversions
- POS REF pages and NAV OPTION page with more control functions
- New PERF INIT page with data uplink functions
- New TAKEOFF REF pages with more parameters and with data uplink functions
- Data uplinks of alternate airports short-list, long-list, and inhibits
- Route data printout simulation
- Four FIX INFO pages and additional data entry formats
- And many other new details are included in the NG FMC ...
The manual describes all details; it can be downloaded here before purchasing the product.
Bonus 1 -- The simulation of multicolor LCD CDUs:
The flight deck may be equipped with LCD CDUs (liquid crystal displays). LCD CDUs show text from the NG FMCs in multicolor. (NG FMCs also work with conventional CRT CDUs; those just show all text in green.)
Bonus 2 -- The Wind & OAT corridor tools:
- A tool on the Instructor can scan wind & OAT data from the internal planet weather model along the coordinates of the active FMC route and then fill a special text field on the Instructor screen with the scanned data. This text can be copied and used in external documents.
- Vice versa, the data in the text field can be edited or entirely pasted from an external flight plan weather document and then be embedded in the planet weather model by a mouse click. This way your flight plan weather will very much agree with the weather in the simulated flight scenario.
- The read and write system can handle five different airline specific formats that most companies use in their standard dispatch operations.
Bonus 3 -- The SIGMET tools:
- Create special weather areas manually using the standard SIGMET format and embed these areas in the planet weather model.
- Or download a worldwide list of current real-world SIGMETs from the Internet and embed these in the planet weather model. This may be done by clicking a button, or the system may do it automatically circa every half an hour.
- Or copy a list of SIGMETs from an external flight plan document, paste it in a special text field on the Instructor screen, and embed these SIGMETs in the planet weather model by a simple mouse click. This way the weather in the simulated flight will agree with your flight plan documents.
The manual explains all features; it can be downloaded free of charge from the Aerowinx web site: Click here
Precision Simulator update 10.93 or higher: the latest update can be downloaded free of charge at http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?board=6.0
Do not unzip the downloaded file. Just copy the file to the subfolder Aerowinx/Extra and restart Precision Simulator. If you use up to four networked Aerowinx folders in a local flight deck mockup, install the downloaded file also in their Extra subfolders. With one purchased download you are allowed to use up to four copies within your local flight deck mockup. Please keep the invoice you get.