The popular classic of the Vienna tramway.
The E1 is the last Viennese streetcar in classic drive technology with speed steps, starting resistors and series and parallel connection of the motors. The Geamatic automatic controller, which electronically selects the appropriate speed step, is installed to support the driver.
With 338 units built, the E1 was a dominant feature of the cityscape for many decades. The E1 is an improved version of the Type E with a more powerful engine. It was built from 1967 to 1976. Although the first retirements began in the 2000s, the last examples are still in passenger service until at least 2022. Many retired E1s have found a second home in the Netherlands, Poland, Romania or Hungary.
The type c3 sidecars were built from 1959 to 1962. Initially, they were intended for use behind two-axle cars, but later they were converted for use in a train set with E1s. The last use of the type c3 took place in 2017.
Technical data E1:
- Year of manufacture: 1967-1976
- Power: 2x 150 kW
- Seating capacity: 39
- Standing places: 66
- Baby carriage places: 2
- Car width: 2,2 m
- Car length: 20,3 m
- Empty weight: 22,5 t
Technical data c3:
- Year of construction: 1959-1962
- Seating capacity: 32
- Standing places: 43
- Car width: 2,2 m
- Car length: 14,67 m
- Car empty weight: 11.6 t
Due to the long construction time, there are many different equipment variants for the E1. There are 2 door designs, 3 window combinations and 2 interior lighting designs, all of which are assigned to matching car numbers.
Vehicle generation type E1:
- Vehicle type E1 solo
- Various designs of the vehicle generation E1
- 2 door designs
- 3 window variants
- 2 interior lighting variants
- Matching car numbers for all designs
- Articulated railcar E1 with sidecar c3
- Authentic soundscape
- Realistic driving behavior with Geamatic driving switch control system
- Complex animations and many details
- Complex setup and teardown procedure
- Complex control for advanced players possible
- Target change function
- Realistic implementation of the holding brake and sidecar controls
- Shunting function solo as well as with sidecar (especially with deckman function)
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8 / 10 (64-bit)
- CPU: Quad Core with 2.6 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- Graphics card: 4 GB
- Storage: 30 GB available space
Internet connection and Steam user account required!
Note: We provide a serial number with the purchase of this download version. Afterwards, you need to download this add-on via STEAM and activate it. Further information can be found in the installation instruction.
*This version is identical to TramSim Vienna.