Price incl. 20% VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS12897
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: Franz Luftfahrt
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.00
The idea to make this add-on came from the desire to have scenery packed with lots of highly detailed objects and "eye-candy", which can be flown at very low altitude and still looks good; scenery where you can enjoy a flight without preparing a flight plan in advance. Just hop into the aircraft, take off and cruise, and the scenery will be all yours.
This is the first "Interactive Scenery” add-on of its kind, which can also be flown in the "Mission" mode in FSX. This new approach to scenery design allows you to fly in a highly detailed interactive environment, which comes to life through the various customized animated AI (artificial intelligence) objects and the interactivity the "Mission Mode" enables.
If you ever thought that deserts were desolate stretches of dry land, think again! This scenery lets the pilot learn about the various different facets a desert has to offer while you're enjoying an entertaining and challenging flight. The variety encompasses all from sand dunes, open desert plains to canyons. This interesting mix in landscape holds many interesting geological and historical facts for you to discover, making this the first "Infotainment Scenery" of its kind.
The add-on comes with three missions:
- The "Guided Tour" which, with the help of copilot Gavin, takes you around the scenery, showing you the sites and pointing out some interesting facts about the desert as you fly along.
- "Dare Devil" is a mission that tests your courage and flying skills, putting you in the seat of a piper cub where you have to take off over a short ramp and touch down on a moving train.
- “Fly The Desert” lets you fly the scenery as you like, similar to the “free flight mode”. A lot of customized AI elements give a more lively feeling to the desert area, such as:
- Helicopter and ultra-light formations, which you can accompany to practice your formation flying skills.
- A sand storm that should be avoided at all times.
- Thermal weather conditions making this scenery fun to explore in a glider.
- And lots of animated AI traffic such as strolling camels, road traffic and even a dune-buggy race in the desert bringing the scenery to life.
It is also a great scenery for “multiplayer” flying together with colleague sim pilots.
Even though this scenery is a highly detailed rendition of a desert landscape it is very frame rate friendly due to the extensive application of LOD design techniques.
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition)
Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Download-Size: 800 MB
Installations-Size: 1.2 GB
PDF-Manual (English): >> View here <<