Price incl. 20% VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS14558
- Publisher: Just Flight London
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.4
Making its maiden flight in 1947, the Fairchild C-119 was developed from the wartime C-82 Packet. The twin booms and high-set wing suspend a rudimentary box-shaped fuselage designed to carry large amounts of cargo and parachute troops for delivery to the front line. It is no surprise, then, that the design quickly earned its nickname, 'The Flying Boxcar'. When production ceased in 1955, over 1,100 examples had been built in various configurations, including heavily armed 'Shadow' and 'Stinger' gunships.
This venerable cargo hauler was used extensively in the Korean War, dropping thousands of tons of much needed supplies and countless parachute troops. It saw service with the US Navy, US Marine Corps and the USAF. The USAF Strategic Air Command operated C-119s from 1955 through to 1973 and the type saw service in many covert actions, including the aerial recovery of secret film from spy satellites. Many other nations also operated 'Boxcars' and the aircraft also served in civilian guise as a tanker and bulk cargo carrier.
The model includes many special features, including a fully detailed cargo bay, deployable paratroopers and a cargo drop function. The cockpit is authentically modelled and provides a highly realistic flying experience.
- High-fidelity models with a huge amount of authentic detail
- Authentic cockpit with all controls accurately portrayed and animated
- Detailed cargo bay with opening doors
- Animated, realistic pilot, co-pilot and loadmaster figures
- Highly detailed P&W radial engines with superb stereo sound pack
- Animations include all flying surfaces, flaps, trim tabs and authentic landing gear operation
- Detailed Manual and Flying Guide provided
- A special Configuration facility allows you to set the aircraft for a 'Cold & Dark' start, select cargo options and carry out parachute drops from a selectable 2D panel
- A choice of 'clean', cargo or paratrooper drop versions is provided for creating missions
Eight liveries and a paintkit:
- Eight authentic liveries cover examples from the US and international forces
- Textures are created using new-technology 'PBR Workflow' techniques, as used in many of today's successful computer games. This brings a new level of realism to your flight simulation experience!
- A Pro quality paintkit is provided so you can create your own liveries and paint schemes
Micorosft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack), FSX: Steam Edition or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2-V4
Windows 10 / 8 / 7 /Vista / XP SP3
4 GB+ RAM
1 GB hard drive space
These are minimum requirements. This is a high fidelity model so please use your common sense when it comes to your system capabilities!
This aircraft is compatible with all versions of Prepar3D with the following notes:
If you fly FSX, the AUTOPILOT can be used to follow a NAV course and also the GPS. In P3D v3 you can also do this but it may require the aircraft to be closer to the VOR radials than in FSX.
In P3D v4+, DO NOT USE the GPS/NAV switch or the NAV HOLD switch. The autopilot will operate but only in its original, limited form; that is to hold course, altitude and/or speed.
Use the xxxx_P3D_32bit installer for P3D up to 3.x. (will automatically find version 3). Use the xxxx_P3D_64bit installer for P3D V4.0+.