Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS50811
- Manufact./Publisher: Just Trains
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.07
Drive on the newest line on the UK rail network! The Oxford-Bicester line was opened in October 2015, superseding the previous single track with 100MPH-capable dual track and employing the latest Integrated Lightweight Signals (iLS).
All the previous level crossings except the one at London Road, Bicester, have been closed and have been replaced with bridges. The two stations at Bicester Town and Islip have been totally rebuilt and a brand new station called Oxford Parkway has been built to the north of Oxford. These three stations are state of the art, and Bicester Village station (as it has been renamed) and Oxford Parkway employ amazingly light and airy architectural designs.
The Just Trains Oxford-Bicester Extension for Western Mainlines owners runs from the newly created chord that runs south off the main London-Birmingham route, the Chiltern line. The extension includes the three new stations at Bicester Village, Islip and Oxford Parkway. Although at present the real line stops at Oxford Parkway and is due to join the main station in Oxford at the end of 2016, on your PC you can drive from the chord north of Bicester right through to any destination on the Western Mainlines routes!
The Oxford-Bicester Extension add-on includes many superb custom objects and Bicester Village and Oxford Parkway stations both have accurate interior details modelled.
Many details are included in the stations, such as ticket machines, CCTV cameras, passenger information displays, loudspeakers, driver CCTV screens, passenger shelters and even the rubber triangles placed on the floor at the end of the platforms to deter track trespassers.
The Oxford-Bicester Extension comes with a set of 14 scenarios for passenger services and for the freight operations that run to and from the MOD (Ministry Of Defence) Central Ordnance Depot at Bicester and the Aggregates yard at Oxford Parkway. We have also included a set of textures for the default Class 166 DMU to help make the experience more authentic. For freight operations we have included the wagons from the Just Trains VKA/VGA Wagon PlusPak for use in some of the freight scenarios.
Important! In order to use the Oxford-Bicester Extension you must have installed the most recent version of the Western Mainlines route. Please check if you have the latest version installed.
For certain scenarios to run correctly, the following locomotives are required:
- BR Standard Class 5MT Advanced (Just Trains)
- Class 67 Advanced & Car Carriers (Just Trains)
- Voyager Advanced (Just Trains)
- Class 60 Advanced OR Class 60 Advanced & Freight Wagons (Just Trains)
- European Loco and Asset Pack (Steam) for the Class 166 and HST
- BR Blue Pack Loco Add-on OR Doncaster Works Route Add-on (Steam) for the Class 03 Shunter
- Train Simulator (latest version)
- + Just Trains - Western Mainlines
- Windows 10 / 11
- 3.0 GHz PC or any Dual Core
- 1 GB RAM
- 256 MB graphics card
- Direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
- 1.95 GB hard drive space
- Download-Size: 265 MB
- Fix made to Oxford to Bicester Village free roam where there was a broken consist error upon loading up
- This update address an issue where the invisible platform at Oxford Parkway Station was missing thus preventing the train doors to operate. The invisible platform is now in place and the train doors are now operational.
- Minor update to manual to add a missing required DLC item.