Kassel-Calden Airport is a relatively young commercial airport that was opened on April 4, 2013, located approx. 13.5 km northwest of the city of Kassel. Since January 2015, the airport has referred itself as “Kassel Airport”.
The airport has a CAT IIIb system on the main approach direction 27 and a CAT I system on the secondary direction 09. Landing with an airliner is particularly challenging on runway 09 due to the inclined runway.
Thanks to the technology available in X-Plane 11, this distinctive inclination could also be implemented in the simulator. The surrounding mesh was also adapted together with Maps2Xplane in order to be in no way inferior to the original.
- Detailed replica of the airport of Kassel-Calden
- Custom colored orthophoto for the airport
- Custom Mesh by Maps2Xplane incl. Ortho4XP patch
- PBR ground textures
- Realistic HDR lighting
- HD handplaced vegetation
- Adapted roads and autogen
- Custom AirportVehicles
- Custom animated approach lights
- Custom static aircrafts
- Full SAM compatibility
- X-Plane 11.52
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 (64bit) / Linux Ubuntu LTS/ macOS (Mojave+)
- Processor: Dual Core CPU with 3.0 GHz
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics card: 4 GB, DirectX 11
- HDD: 2GB
Installation runs via Aerosoft One, this requires an internet connection and an Aerosoft user account!
More information about Aerosoft One can be found in the User Guide or in the FAQs.