ST Simulations - BIAR - Akureyri Airport
Akureyri International Airport (IATA: AEY, ICAO: BIAR) is well located in North Iceland giving a good gateway into the Arctic North.
Scheduled air travel to Akureyri started in 1928 when Flugfélag Íslands ("Airline of Iceland") began flying on seaplanes to Reykjavík, landing on the fjord of Eyjafjörður near downtown Akureyri. The airport is also well located between Europe and US for international flights. Akureyri Airport has scheduled flights to several locations in Iceland including Reykjavik in the South, Grimsey Island in North as well as Thorshofn and Vopnafjordur in the East. International flight from Akureyri airport includes scheduled and charter flights to Greenland. As well as scheduled flights to other destinations such as Greenland, Copenhagen in Denmark, London in the UK and Tenerife. It is open all year round. Airlines operating in Akureyri; Norlandair and Norlandair, Circle Air, Myflug Air, Icelandair. You can see the northern lights in Akureyri from September through April on clear nights.
The Icelandic Aviation Museum is located in a large hangar at Akureyri Airport. The museum covers Iceland's aviation history with photographs, videos, artifacts, models and historic aircrafts, which some are in airworthy condition and fly in the annual air show held by the museum in June.
Akureyri Airport, at an elevation of 6 ft (2 m), has a 7874 ft (2400 m) long asphalt runway in the direction of 01/19 (008°/188°). The land has been reshaped.
- Akureyri Int. Airport terminal model
- Accurate runway and apron
- The Icelandic Aviation Museum Hangar
- Custom dtatic aircrafts (DC-3, DC-6)
- Custom hangars
- Many airport buildings
- Highly detailed textures, Physically Based Rendering (PBR), reflective and realistic textures
- Realistic and highly detailed representation of the airport
- Realistic runway and taxiway markings
- A lot of custom objects, models and details for the environment
- It includes intensive terraforming works
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 | AMD Radeon RX 590
- DirectX: Version 11
Installation runs via Aerosoft One, this requires an internet connection and an Aerosoft user account!
More information about Aerosoft One can be found in the User Guide or in the FAQs.
- ADDED - Christmas Tree with lighting
- IMPROVEMENTS - Night lighting
- Rebuild and package in SU11
- FIXED - Tail number of DC-3
- FIXED - Water glitch
- FIXED - Simobjects assets