Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS15232
- Manufact./Publisher: HiFi Technologies
- Language: English
- Current version: B8557
ASP3D is the latest addition to the ActiveSky weather engine line. ASP3D evolves realism-based weather simulation, building upon the ground-breaking and proven features of ActiveSky while integrating with the latest simulator platform update from Lockheed Martin: Prepar3D v5.4.
- New P3D Enhanced Atmospherics (EA) integration for improved synthesis, depiction, interpolation, and flight plan awareness.
- New EA enhancements including better visibility tuning, additional cloud transition smoothing, volumetric fog smoothing, and volumetric cloud depiction configuration options.
- New P3D add-on folder specification/design, with everything installed outside of the P3D folders – Includes ASCA support (with SP3 Update)
- New networking design eliminating the need for SimConnect configuration in networked environments – Just install ASP3D, install the included Connector on the server machine, configure your shared paths, and go!
- New XGauge universal design that works for any aircraft without needing to install into panels – New reworked airborne radar mode visualization with radial signal processing + multiple radar usage capability (you can now use multiple AS Radar API add-on radar displays together along with XGauge airborne radar mode all at the same time)
- Wind smoothing redesigned for higher frequency force actuation and organic feel
- New Prepar3D v5 integration with all the standard functionality you’d expect from the ActiveSky weather engine
- Works with both P3Dv5 and P3Dv4
- Works in both standard mode and new “Enhanced Atmospherics” mode with P3Dv5 – See below for EA limitations
- New EA enhancements including better visibility tuning, additional cloud transition smoothing, volumetric fog smoothing, and volumetric cloud depiction configuration options
- New P3D add-on specification design with all items installed outside of the P3D folders
- New Universal XGauge design that works for all aircraft at any time without requiring panel additions
- New networking design that eliminates the need for SimConnect configuration or use between clients and server – Just install ASP3D on the client, the included AS P3D Connector Installer on the server, make sure your networked shares are configured, and go
- New EA-mode integration with new interpolation, depiction, synthesis and parameter control for a more accurate experience
- Includes ASCA integration for cloud and sky graphics enhancements with dynamic cloud and sky texture variation, now working fully outside the P3D folder using the new add-on specification design
- Major enhancements to the data network, weather synthesis, interpolation, and other core weather simulation and depiction technologies – now with much increased performance, stability and availability
- Includes the most advanced version of our award-winning core weather engine and weather data services, being refined now for over 20 years
The new Enhanced Atmospherics (EA) mode in P3Dv5 is new and undergoing constant improvements. Some features of ASP3D are not compatible with EA mode. This includes: Cloud detection features, in-cloud motion effect, in-cloud visibility reduction, high-resolution radar/precip accuracy, and some ASCA-integrated enhancements/dynamics. While the EA depiction and API is evolved over time, we will be constantly working to further extend and integrate with this depiction system.
- Prepar3D v4.5 (with HF3), Prepar3D v5.0 (with HF2), Prepar3D v5.1 (with HF1), Prepar3D v5.2 (HF1), or Prepar3D v5.3 (with RTM, HF1, HF1.1 or HF2), Prepar3D v5.4
- Windows 7 SP1 or later (64-bit)
- 1 GHz x64 processor or greater
- 2 GB RAM or greater
- 500 MB available hard drive space or greater
- 1024×768 minimum available screen resolution to display all user interface features
- Stable internet connection (broadband recommended)
- Online activation and login system requires online connection – this product cannot be used offline**
- [06/06/23] Fixed issue with previous 8538 build and P3D 5.3.17 compatibility (P3D Connector Logging Error)
- [06/06/23] Adjusted download interval option defaults for updated network policies
- [05/17/23] Prepar3D v5.4 compatibility added
- [12/12/22] Resolved login/connectivity issues for some users
- [09/27/22] New license handling and application support for additional license types
- [05/10/22] Implemented new multiple licenses for a single user account/email address support including simultaneous usage of multiple licenses/devices on a single account
- NOTE: This is only for licenses activated on or after May 10, 2022. Previously activated licenses using separate email accounts, as previously required, will continue to use individual email/accounts
- NOTE: For new licenses, to associate the new license to an existing account, simply use the standard LOGIN method with the existing email account, and new installations of ASP3D will ask for the new license key on first login, where you will enter your new license key.
- [03/17/22] Fixed issue with Installation showing error message regarding VC++ runtime redistributables, if a newer version was already installed – Also updated message if a general error during VC++ redistributable installation occurs, indicating that operation can normally continue as long as the redistributables have been installed previously, or will be installed manually