Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS15850
- Manufact./Publisher: Laminar Research
- Language: English
- Current version: Early Access
Welcome, Early Adopter.
In X-Plane 12, every major aspect of how Laminar Research simulates the world and its effects on aviation has been rewritten based on first-principles physics and real-world data with tireless pursuit of realism. We are happy to share that with you now via X-Plane 12 Early Access.
This purchase gives you access to the X-Plane 12 Early Access program. This product is still in active development. You will be able to download and install X-Plane 12 right away and receive free updates for the life of v12. We also include access to X-Plane 11 in case any of your add-ons are not yet compatible with X-Plane 12.
Try the demo version here: https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/
- Photometric, HDR Lighting Engine
- The 4D Weather Engine
- Seven New Aircraft – A330, Citation X, SR22, RV-10, PA-18, R-22, Lancair Evolution
- Volumetric 3D Clouds
- Seasonal/Weather-Specific Visual Effects – Snow, Variable Vegetation, Ice and Rain
- New 3D Forests, Water, Vegetation
This Early Access digital edition is ideal for people who:
- Want to get started using X-Plane 12 immediately
- Have a reliable internet connection
- Have a computer that meets these minimum requirements
- Plan to use X-Plane only in their own home (see X-Plane for Professional Use for commercial use)
X-Plane 12 Early Access includes:
- Universal platform support (Windows, Mac with Native ARM Support and Linux)
- Global scenery
- 19 high-quality aircraft with immersive 3-D cockpits
- Access to X-Plane 12 and 11
- Free internet updates for all versions of 12.xx
When you purchase the digital download edition, you will receive an email confirmation with your product key. This key will allow you to download, install, and use X-Plane 12 – no DVD, etc. needed!
Minimum system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i3, i5, i7, or i9 CPU with 4 or more cores | AMD Ryzen 3, 5, 7 or 9 (Those with other CPUs should try the demo before purchasing)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Video Card: Vulkan 1.3-capable video card from NVIDIA or AMD with at least 2 GB VRAM
If your system is borderline, we encourage you to try the demo first. The full version of the simulator will perform exactly the same as the demo - neither better nor worse.
Recommended system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5 8600k | Ryzen 5 3500 or better | Apple Silicon
- Memory: 16-24 GB RAM or more
- Video Card: DirectX 12-capable video card from NVIDIA or AMD with at least 4 GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better, or similar from AMD)
Supported operating systems:
- OS X: OS X 10.15 or newer (e.g. Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey)
- Windows: Windows 10 or 11 (64-bit)
- Linux: Varies
- If you want to run on Linux, you will need to try X-Plane on your distribution to see if it is compatible. We have developers using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and newer successfully, however we don’t provide support for specific distributions.
- We require the proprietary driver from NVIDIA to run X-Plane. We require the Mesa drivers, version 22.0 or newer, for AMD to run X-Plane.
Supported video cards:
- NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce 900 or newer, driver version 510 or newer
- AMD: AMD Radeon RX 500 or newer, driver version Adrenaline 22.2.1 or newer