Price excl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Article number: AS14514
- Publisher: Honeycomb
- EAN: 4039621003011
Honeycomb Aeronauticals Alpha Flight Controls is one of the most advanced yokes currently available for PC flight simulation. It was designed to fulfil the requirements of both flight simulation users and student or full-time pilots. The aerospace grade internal components feature realistic ergonomics for a true flying experience.
Here you can download the FSX/FSX:SE & P3D V4 installer from the Honeycomb Config Tool:
The high-quality mechanics offer a realistic full 180° turn radius with a self-centring mechanism with no dead zone to control the aileron. Lenghtwise, the steel shaft allows for 15 cm of travel. The mechanism is all metal for durability.
The Yoke has a switch panel with master, alternator, avionics, and light switches. It is equipped with red LED backlight to easily operable at night. Furthermore, it includes an ignition switch as can be found in piston engine aircrafts.
On the left handle you will find two buttons, two 2-way hat switches, and a push to talk button, while the right handle features two 2-way and an 8-way switch as well as a button.
Due to suitable mounting points and brackets, the Alpha Flight Controls are compatible with other Honeycomb and Saitek products.
The included driver and configuration software comes with individual profile settings for various aircrafts and is compatible with Windows and macOS.
- Aerospace grade internal components
- Realistic ergonomics
- 180° turn radius, self-centring
- Switch panel with backlight
- Numerous switches and buttons
- Durable construction
- 5-year warranty and free lifetime support
- Mounting points and brackets for other Honeycomb and Saitek products
- Designed and developed in California by pilots and aerospace engineers
- Flight Simulator X
- XPlane 11
- Flight Sim World
- Sleeve: 44,8 x 31,4 x 23,7 cm
- Carton: 46,2 x 32,7 x 25,5 cm
Exclusive! Hardware review by PCPilot.net:
"I think it is safe to say that Honeycomb has easily met my expectations and quite possibly even exceeded them. For the price, it is by far the best yoke I have come across. Build quality is superb and the mechanics feel robust so I see no reason why it won't last for years. On top of that the combination of precise and weighty control input provides an excel lent flight experience. Although this is a pre-production unit, I still have no hesitation in awarding this a score of 98% and our coveted Platinum award. Great job!"
Conclusion by FSNews.eu:
"The Alpha Controls Yoke and Switch panel is a well contructed unit and worth the €249 price tag. If Honeycomb set out to hit a middle ground market place between budget and high end system then it has certainly met its goal. It will be interesting to see how the other competitors in the market respond."
Conclusion by FSElite.net:
"Finally having a yoke that sets a new standard in comfort, functionality and value for money is nothing short of incredible. The delays in production weren’t simply to frustrate, but instead was time well spent perfecting the yoke to make it feel great and work well. Small personal quirks aside, this is without a doubt one of the best hardware sets available for flight simulation. Simply put, the Honeycomb Aeronautical Alpha Flight Controls are incredible value for money. They provide an unprecedented amount of control for a very reasonable price. At just $249.99, you are getting a revolutionary yoke with sturdy switches. A must buy."
Operating System: Microsoft Windows, macOS
Honeycomb Config Tool | Version 184.108.40.206 (via AS-Updater):
- Added delete function for User Profiles
- Added activate only function
- Fixed A2A Bonanza Template
Honeycomb Config Tool | Version 220.127.116.11 (via AS-Updater):
- Fixed problem with deleting default key bindings
- Added better loging
- Added new Templates (now 42 Templates included, more in the line)
Honeycomb Config Tool | Version 18.104.22.168 (via AS-Updater):
- Added Condition Variable and Value
- If you only have a toggle function you can now define the correct switch position via the Condition Variable (take a look at the new Default Template)
- Fixed a few spelling bugs
- Added a new Request Windows
- If you can't find your aircraft inside the Templates, send us a Request via the Config Tool (Menu ? -> Request Aircraft Template)
- Updated Aircraft Templates (Default, JustFlight PA28, Aerosoft Airbus A32X)
- Added new Templates (Aerosoft PBY Catalina, Alabeo DA42, Carenado DO228, JSS Transall, Vertxsim DA62)...more Templates will follow in the upcoming weeks