Svalbard XP is a highly realistic recreation of the Svalbard islands for X-Plane 11 and 12.
The Norwegian archipelago in the Arctic Ocean is situated about midway between continental Norway and the North Pole. The islands range from 74° to 81° northern latitude, north of the Polar Circle. This area isn‘t covered by the X-Plane default scenery.
So, the scenery package Svalbard not only fills this gap in the X-Plane landcape but also includes all airports and heliports of this region: Svalbard lufthavn, Longyear (ENSB), Svea (ENSA), Ny Alesund (ENAS), Barentsburg (ENBA) and Pyramiden (ENPY).
- Highly realistic recreation of the complete islands group of Svalbard with an area of about 61000 km²
- High resolution mesh with detailed coast lines and shapes of glaciers
- Customized local terrain details where reasonable, a.e. in the surrounding of the airports
- High detail models of all airport buildings and installations with customized objects
- Photo realistic generic ground textures
- Realistic night time effects
Conclusion by X-PlaneReviews.com:
"Like Faroe Islands XP this is exceptional scenery and visually amazing, highly realistic [...] if you loved Faroe Islands XP, then you will know what a brilliant investment this scenery will be, it delivers in every area, scenic, incredible scenes to absorb, challenging flying with low light and extreme Arctic conditions, plus a huge massive area to explore... if you want the best in scenery then Svalbard XP is at the top, literally at the of the world and quality scenery."
- X-Plane 12 / X-Plane 11
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 / 11 (64bit), Linux (64bit) or macOS 10.10+
- CPU: Multi Core processor with 3.2 GHz or better
- RAM: 12 GB or more
- Video card: 6 GB VRAM (8 GB+ recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 7 GB
Installation runs via Aerosoft One, this requires an internet connection and an Aerosoft user account!
- Made terrain mesh XP12 compliant, i.a. water
- Updated vector outlines, i.a. coasts and glaciers
- Updated elevation model, added bathymetry data
- Improved hand-modeled terrain model for ENSB
- Fixed broken LOD for some buildings and objects
- Adjusted specularity of some object materials
- Removed dependencies on third party plugins
- Automated change of seasonal texture sets
- TerraMAXX compatibility added
- Fixed CTD when using the XP Map
- ENSB: Fixed touchdown marking position
- ENSA: Fixed runway lights position and fps drop on runway 01