Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS13847
- Publisher: vFlyteAir Simulations
- Language: English
- Current version: 2.1
The Cherokee 140 "Classic" version is a Piper Cherokee PA28-140 with IFR capability and an upgraded instrument panel, different than the Original version. The Classic version of our Cherokee 140 is based on the same airframe and engine as our "Original" version, but is equipped for IFR flight.
There are two COM radios and two NAV radios with corresponding OBS instruments. It has the X-Plane g430 GPS, and an STEC 55x autopilot. For our pilots located in other countries besides the USA, we included an ADF receiver. This version is a great choice for pilots who prefer IFR capability, flying ILS approaches with autopilot control, and who enjoy flying hands-free under autopilot. The Classic version panel is modeled after a real-world Piper Cherokee 140 with a slightly more modern instrument panel than was found in the original Cherokees.
- Custom Engine Startup Procedure
- The engine will not start without the magnetos being ON.
- You must open the throttle by at least ¼ before the engine will start
- Mixture should be full rich before starting.
- If the engine is quite cold, it may take two tries on the starter to get the engine started.
- Custom Prop Disc with special 3d effects
- XChecklist-compatible checklists included
- Custom Recorded Sounds from a real Cherokee 140
- Pop-Up Control Menu
- You can select various camera views, and control various elements such as “Remove Wheel Fairings,” “Open/Close Passenger Door,” “Hide Glass,” “Add/Remove CoPilot,” “Remove Ground Elements,” and un-check “Nose Gear Steers.” See the User Manual included with the 140 for more details on these options.
- Simulated Radio Squelch Noise
- Fuses are Operational
- Exterior HDR Custom Parameterized Lighting
- The strobe lights are plug-in controlled to create a “staggered” flash sequence. All exterior lights are created using X-Plane’s custom parameterized lighting system with plug-in control.
- Wheel Fairings can be Removed using the Control Menu
- if you remove the wheel fairings, the drag co-efficient will be increased by approximately 3%
- Vibration Effects
- Rain and Ice Texture for Windows
- Plug-In Enhanced STEC 55x Autopilot
- Six Different Liveries included
- KMA 24 audio panel with selectable COM1/COM2 transmission, and ILS markers
- X-Plane default g430 GPS
- NARCO MK12D COM2/NAV2 radio with simulated squelch defeat
- Garmin GTX 327 transponder with plug-in controlled functions including Pressure Altitude, automatic Flight Timer, Count Up Timer, and Count Down Timer
- King/Bendix ADF receiver with on-board directional indicator
- (2) Omni-Bearing Selectors (OBS) slaved to NAV1 and NAV2 radios, both with localizer and glideslope indicator needles
- Magnetic Compass
- Directional Gyro Compass
- Vertical Velocity Indicator (VVI)
- Airspeed Indicator with True Airspeed indicator
- Clock with Elapsed Timer Hour and Minutes hands and Time-of-Day adjustment feature
- Artificial Horizon
- Tachometer with Tach Hours Meter
- Engine Gauges (Left Fuel Qty, Right Fuel Qty, Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Oil Temperature, Suction, and Volt Meter)
Windows 7, MAC OS 10.6 (or higher) or Linux (64 bit)
1 GB VRAM (2 GB Recommended)
Download-Size: 780 MB