Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS15691
- Manufact./Publisher: vFlyteAir Simulations
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.50
Brand new Arrow III from vFlyteAir Simulations with custom-built Garmin G5 simulation and there is also a version with the Aspen EFD1000 simulation.
Both models are included in your purchase:
Simply choose the version that you want to fly when you run X-Plane. Both versions can also be flown with traditional "steam gauge" panels.
New features for the Arrow III G5/E1000:
- G5 Version – Our custom Garmin G5 simulation was developed by vFlyteAir with the assistance of real-world pilots who regularly fly the Garmin G5. With their help, we believe we have created a very plausible and realistic simulation of the G5 exclusively for use in our own fleet of aircraft. No 3rd party plugins required! The G5 version can also be switched to a traditional analog-gauge panel using the Options Menu. The G5 can be configured to use either Imperial or Metric units for altitude and airspeed. Your G5 settings are saved each time you fly, and are restored the next time you fly. We have even modeled Electronic Stability Protection which provides over-pitch and under-pitch, over-speed and under-speed and over-roll protections to keep the Arrow III within acceptable flight envelope parameters.
- G5 Version has Integrated GFC500 Autopilot with GMC 507 Control Head - With the G5 glass panel option selected, the Arrow III is equipped with the GFCD 500 autopilot that uses a GMC 507 controller. The GFC 500 is tightly integrated with the G5 PFD, which displays autopilot states on-screen, The GMC 507 controller can be popped out to separate window for easier viewing and manipulation.
- E1000 Version – For those who prefer the Aspen EFDE1000, we have updated our E1000 simulation to provide a more realistic and accurate experience. The E1000 version can also be switched to a traditional analog-gauge panel using the Options Menu. The E1000 can be configured to use either Imperial or Metric units for altitude and airspeed. Your E1000 settings are saved each time you fly, and are restored the next time you fly.
- E1000 with KFC 230 Touch-screen Autopilot - The Arrow III E1000 version uses a touch-screen KFC 230 autopilot which can be popped out to a separate window for easier viewing and manipulation.
- Pop-Up Options Menu with Checklists – Click the small Piper logo at bottom left of the screen to pop up the Options Menu, which allows you to select options and preferences, choose Glass Panel or Analog-Gauge instrument panel, summon a Tow Tractor, add fuel and passengers, open/close doors, remove wheel chocks and cowl plugs and display the Normal Procedures check lists.
- Tow Tractor Feature - When you are on the ground with the engine off, you can summon a Tow Tractor to tow the Arrow III out of the hangar. A pop-up control panel allows you steer and control the forward and reverse speed of the Tow Tractor.
- Custom M803 Chronometer - Our M803 chronometer simulation works like the real instrument. Functions include Universal Time Display, Local Time, automatic Flight Timer, Elapsed Timer (Count UP) and Elapsed Timer (Count DOWN). The upper part of the display shows the bus voltage being generated or outside air temperature in either Celsius or Farenheit.
- Custom GI 275 EIS Touch-Screen Engine Monitor - The GI 275 EIS has four different pages of engine and flight information, and can be "popped out" as a separate window.
- Switchable Panels - Glass Panel or Analog Panel - Both the G5 and the E1000 versions can be switched "on the fly" to a traditional analog-gauge panel using the Options Menu.
- RealityXP® Plugin Support - Both Arrow III versions have integrated, automatic in-panel support for up to six different RXP plugin configurations, including RXP g430, RXP GTN650 and RXP GTN750 options.
- On-Screen Warnings and Notifications - Warnings and notifications will appear on-screen under certain conditions such as forgetting to set the transponder to ALT mode, or leaving a door open dur-ing taxi. Can be turned off by the user.
- Save-States - your preferences and settings are saved automatically each time you unload the Arrow III, and are restored the next time you load the Arrow III. Your settings for the G5 and the Aspen instruments are saved in separate files and restored when you fly again.
- Wheel Chocks and Cowl Plugs - Use the Options Menu to remove the wheel chocks and cowl plugs. If the wheel chocks are left in place, the airplane will not move.
- Realistic Airframe Vibration/Shake Effects - The airframe and controls shake slightly when the engine is running. The shaking is more noticeable when the Arrow III begins to stall, on touch-down , and when the engine is shut down. You can turn off the Shake Effects using the Options Menu.
- Accurate Flight Model - Our Arrow III model has been completely rebuilt in X-Plane Planemaker to provide accurate flight characteristics and ground handling. The Arrow III can be flown with X-Plane’s Experimental Flight Model feature turned ON or OFF. The new version corrects issues with ground handling experienced in the previous versions
- Detailed 3D Model and Hi-Res Textures - the Arrow III features highly detailed 3D modeling and super hi-res textures for the most realism possible in a flight simulator. PBR textures and 3D lights are used throughout to add to the realism.
- VR-Ready - cockpit controls have been optimized for Virtual Reality
- Animated Pilot, Copilot and Passengers - The pilot and passengers are animated with random movements, and they also respond to aircraft bank and pitch.
- Dynamically Calculated Weight and Balance - as you add fuel and passengers, the airplane weight and Center of Gravity are recalculated and adjusted in X-Plane. Use the Weight & Balance chart on the Options Menu to check your aircraft weight and center of gravity under the current loading.
- FMOD Sounds with Spatial Effects
- Support for AviTab Plugin - If you have the AviTab plugin installed, an e-tablet will appear mounted to the pilot yoke. You can hide or show the AviTab tablet using the Options Menu.
- Support for libRain plugin - NOTE: We provide support for the libRain plugin with the Arrow III. However, at time of release, the libRain plugin does not work with X-Plane Vulcan. The libRain pljugin is NOT included with the Arrow III and must be downloaded separately
Included in this package:
- Arrow III G5 Version
- Arrow III E1000 Version
- Eight liveries
- Arrow III G5 Pilot's Guide (PDF)
- G5 Pilot's Manual (PDF)
- E1000 Pilot's Guide (PDF)
- GFC500/GMC507 Autopilot Pilot's Guide
- KFC 230 Autopilot Pilot's Guide
- GI 275 EIS Pilot's Guide
- M803 Pilot's Guide (PDF)
- PA28R-201 Pilot Operating Handbook (PDF) (Not for Real Flight)
- X-Plane 11.5x
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (or higher), MAC OS 10.8 (or higher) or Linux
- Processor: i5 with 2.5 GHz (or equivalent)
- Video memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphic card with at least 2 GB
- Free hard disk space: 1.1 GB (2.2 GB required to install both versions)
- Internet connection is required for installing this product
- Added integrated support for RealSimGear G5 hardware units
- Improved G5 screen graphics to be more realistic
- Fixed: Press and hold G5 PFD knob was not synching ALT Preselect
- Fixed: Press and hold G5 HSI knob was not synching OBS to current course
- Improved frame rate when G5 popups are not active
- Modified wing airfoils to improve landing behavior
- Fixed: G5 Altimeter 100s digits now scroll up/down when approaching new Alt