After the successful Southern Bavaria package for Flight Simulator X, Aerosoft now returns to the roots of general aviation airfields in a partnership with ClearPropStudios.
The first in a total of 6 airfields is Moosburg auf der Kippe. The airfield Moosburg auf der Kippe (ICAO: EDPI), as a special airfield north of Munich, is a demanding, small and uncontrolled grass airfield with a runway of 700x 30 m. It is operated by the Fliegerclub Moosburg e.V.
The runway is oriented to the northeast (RWY 04) and southwest (RWY 22); the radio frequency of the tower is 125.815.
The airfield is located one kilometer south of the historic center of Moosburg at an altitude of 419 m above sea level (1376 ft).
Moosburg is considered to be quite demanding, as the airfield is located very close to the control zone of Munich Airport. It is necessary to keep exactly to the airfield traffic pattern here - both in altitude (aerodrome circuit altitude 2300 ft) and from the approach.
Every year, the popular flea markets as well as special Fly Inns take place at the airfield, which are very popular with pilots.
The version for the simulator includes the complete airfield Moosburg, which was modeled with great attention to detail on the original (all buildings, hangar, playground, signs and restaurant). For this purpose, we flew to the airfield several times, took hundreds of detailed photos and talked to the operators of the airfield. The developers of the airfield are passionate pilots themselves.
In addition, all important approach points and elements in and around the airfield were taken into account (weir bridge approach 22, St. Kastulus monastery Moosburg, Asch castle, Zolling power station, parking lot highway). The airfield develops a completely unique atmosphere in the dark due to the adapted lighting conditions.
- Every building at the airport was modeled according to the original down to the last detail
- Close cooperation with the airport operator on site to create a realistic atmosphere
- Sophisticated night lighting
- POI St. Kastulus, Asch Castle, Isar Bridge and Zolling power station included
- Includes parking lots, traffic lights, highway signs and rest stops
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Windows 10 (Nov 2019 Update - 1909)
- CPU: Intel i5-8400 or Ryzen 5 1500 or better
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 or Radeon RX 590 or better
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- VRAM: 4 GB
- RAM: 8 GB
- HDD: 1 GB
- Bandwidth: 5 Mbps
Installation runs via Aerosoft One, this requires an internet connection and an Aerosoft user account!
More information about Aerosoft One can be found in the User Guide or in the FAQs.
- Main gates are now animated according to the real time (from 13:00h local time they open and from 17:00h local time they close)
- New animated characters and changed scenery with new library
- Bug fixes