Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS14418
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: LimeSim, Stairport Sceneries
- Language: Deutsch/English
- Current version: 1.00
Helgoland XP is a scenery for XPlane 11 that recreates Germany’s only island in the open sea at a high level of detail and with many thrilling new options.
Forces of nature have reshaped the East coast of the side islet “Dune” over time. RWY 21 was previously blocked by a high sand dune that is now entirely gone. The southern end of the airport, however, is now a place where waves break around the tip of the runway. 10 years ago this has been surrounded by a large beach and construction teams are hard at work to prevent further loss of sediments.
In the wake of “green energy” Helgoland is currently becoming an important maintenance hub for nearby offshore wind farms. The existing military SAR base has been extended by a offshore maintenance helipad with its own hangar. From here you can fly your chopper to transformer stations out in the sea. All of them have their own helipad and make for a thrilling experience when approaching when waves are high.
For the wealthier visitors several airlines started to fly regular routes to Helgoland. Airlines serving the airport all use BN2-Islanders, the only multiple passenger aircraft that is allowed to land on the extremely short runways.
- Up-to-date, detailed aerial images
- 1 meter mesh resolution so you see the smallest dunes near the airport
- Helgoland-Düne airfield with extremely short runways
- Current airport buildings with restaurant terrace and transparent tower windows
- SAR helicopter of the German Navy
- German Navy frigate (landable)
- Custom vegetation
- Very good performance
- Animated ship and ferry traffic
- Many 3D people
- Animated ground traffic and more animations
- Offshore Southern harbour of energy group (landable)
- 4 Offshore wind farms with 4 platforms with their own helipads (landable)
Conclusion by FlightSim.com:
"In summing up, I'd have to say that there is a lot to like about this scenery: the location of the archipelago and size of the airport, the 3D modelling and textures of the numerous buildings, and Aerosoft's adoption (finally) of 3D people, all work really well. [..] Do I recommend it? Yes...because even in its current state, it offers the simmer a wonderful chance of exploring something different!"