Welcome to Bora Bora and the Leeward Islands, the western part of the Society Islands in the South Pacific. Arrive with your regional airliners or business jets (up to ATR 72 and Bombardier Global Express) at Bora Bora Airport, and start island hopping with your smaller aircrafts and helicopters. Explore stunning atolls, sandy beaches and mountainous islands in one of the most exclusive and luxurious vacation spots in the world.
This scenery package for X-Plane features a custom terrain mesh with photo-realistic textures, dense vegetation and country-typical autogen, as well as custom road-networks and sea-routes. Included are detailed renditions of five regional airports (Bora Bora, Raiatea, Huahine – Fare, Maupiti, Tupai) and the Pago dropzone of Tahiti Nui Helicopters on Bora Bora, as well as five additional helipads.
- Detailed terrain mesh with photo-realistic textures for the landscape and the sea
- Custom overlay with dense tropical vegetation and country-typical autogen-buildings
- High-detailed renditions of five regional airports and six helipads on the islands
- Hundreds of custom buildings and objects including PBR-Textures and Night-Textures
- Implementation of the „Scenery Animation Manager (SAM)”, e.g., animated Marshallers
- Coverage: Bora Bora and all the Leeward Islands in the Society Islands archipelago
- Bora Bora (NTTB)
- Raiatea (NTTR)
- Huahine – Fare (NTTH)
- Maupiti (NTTP)
- Tupai (NTTU)
- Tahiti Nui Helicopters Pago dropzone (XHNTTZ)
- Four Seasons Helipad (XHNTTF)
- Saint Regis Helipad (XHNTTS)
- Le Meridien Helipad (XHNTTM)
- InterContinental Helipad (XHNTTI)
- Le Taha‘a Helipad (XHNTTT)
Conclusion by X-Plained.com:
"Each airport is rendered in exquisite detail that results in an enjoyable mosaic of locations for the island-hopping pilot. We have seen these destinations rendered with accurate modelling and the application of skillfully created textures. The texture work extends to the geography and provides coverage fitting of the quality work invested in the rendering of the terrain mesh. The landscaping done with that mesh has created accurate coastlines, valleys, hills, and mountains. It is also responsible for the appearance of small motus that do not appear in the default scenery. [...]
Does this scenery package deserve a place in your X-Plane universe? [...] Yes, these islands deserve a place in your scenery collection if you are about the island lifestyle, atmosphere, coastlines, and sparkling waters. They belong in your world if you are a fan of high quality, world enhancing textures. They belong if you enjoy watching the world in which you fly take on a new ambiance with every change of the light. Ultimately, Society Islands, Bora Bora and the Leeward Islands is a brilliantly executed artistic vision of a unique area on the globe that is a “don’t miss” [...]"
- X-Plane 12 / X-Plane 11
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64bit), MacOS (Mojave+) or Linux Ubuntu LTS
- Video card / VRAM: 6 GB required, 8 GB+ recommended
- CPU: Multi Core processor with 3,2G Hz or better
- Hard disk: 9 GB of free disk space
- RAM: minimum 8 GB RAM or more
Installation runs via Aerosoft One, this requires an internet connection and an Aerosoft user account!