Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
Scandinavian Airports Sale | Valid until 21.10.2018. Not in conjunction with other discounts.
- Article number: AS13191
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: Jo Erlend Sund
- Language: Deutsch / English
- Current version: 1.04
Another fine Norwegian Airport by Jo Erlend Sund. This time it's Tromsø Airport on the island of Tromsøya. The scenery includes a highly detailed recreation of Tromsø airport and it´s surroundings and is fully compatible to Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.
Covering 121km² it features hundreds of custom buildings with excellent textures and “baked shadows”. The terminal itself comes with a detailed interior and animated passengers. Tromsø heliport and a functional docking system is also included.
About the Airport
Tromsø Airport Langnes is located on the western part of Tromsøya, the island Tromsø is located on. The airport is currently the largest airport in Northern Norway, serving more than 1.8 Million passengers in 2013. The airport serves the city of Tromsø, but also the many municipals surrounding Tromsø, and have connecting flights with many of the regional airports in Northern Norway. Though there are some international flights to some European hubs, mainly in England and The Russian Federation. Most flights are domestic flights, connecting passengers to larger airports with more international destinations, like Oslo Airport.
The airport has seen multiple expansions during it‘s lifetime to cope with the increasing passenger numbers. The runway that had an original length of 2000 meters has now been extended to 2447 meters. In
1977 a new terminal was built, shaped like a semicircle, this building is still in use, though the main terminal that‘s in use now was built in 1998. During the last expansion other areas of the airport was modernized as well, including the Tower building.
- Highly detailed representation of Tromsø Airport (ICAO: ENTC, IATA: TOS)
- Fully compatible with FSX, FSX: SE and P3D V3 &V4
- High resolution ground image for the airport boundary
- Large photo scenery coverage surrounding area (121km² | 50cm/pixel)
- Animated Jetways (SODE required)
- Animated Passenger boarding (SODE required)
- Animated Deice service (SODE required)
- Custom animated windsocks (SODE required)
- SODE features can be activated or deactivated with included jetway tool.
- Hundreds of custom buildings covering the surrounding area
- Highly detailed building textures with baked shadows
- High resolution textures (2048) included as an option
- High resolution runway and taxiways
- Realistic night time effects and lightning
- Dynamic flood light effects. (P3D V4 only)
- Dynamic head lights on Deice trucks. (P3D V4 only)
- Highly detailed terminal interior
- Animated passengers walking inside Terminal Interior
- Tromsø Heliport also included
- Static aircraft included as an option
- Fully functional docking system included (FSX & FSX: SE only)
- Seasonal textures and variations included
- Compatible with all AI traffic packages
Awards / Reviews:
Conclusion by PCFlight.net:
"If you can see yourself flying in that region of Norway on a fairly regular basis then I think that this is perfect for you. However if you would probably fly there once and then again in 6 months time then it possibly could not be the one for you. I think that the overall modeling of the island including the airport is fantastic."
Conclusion by c-aviation.net:
"Tromso – a beautiful scenery and an interesting city in the far north. Norwegian add-on for FSX and P3D shows a great skill of its creator and comes at a very good price. It is an excellent craftsmanship with a bit of magic."
Conclusion by SimReviews.com:
"Although Norway is a beautiful country I didn’t own any Norwegian scenery before I did this review. Now that I flew around Tromsø X I think that Norway is worth a visit in your simulator. An airport this far north gives you the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful light conditions during the winter, when the sun is just behind the horizon. Aerosoft Tromsø X adds to this arctic winter a thick layer of snow on airport buildings and a subtle change in runway and taxi way textures. The airport is filled with nice details, like static and moving people and vehicles that gives you a feeling of realism. The airport terminal building is both in- and outside very well modelled. Maybe you won’t use the inside of the building a lot, but don’t forget that when you park your Boeing at the gate you can see the inside of the building as well. This will give you the feeling of arriving at a living and breathing airport.[...] Final rating: 9.3 / 10"
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (with SP1 and SP2 or Acceleration Pack, Gold Edition or Steam Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3 & V4
Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (fully updated)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual / Quad Core processor recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Graphics card with 512 MB (1024 MB recommended)
.net Framework 3.5 or higher (using Aerosoft-Launcher)
Download-Size: 650 MB
Installations-Size: 1.5 GB
PDF-Manual (English / German): >> View here <<
- Fixed tunnel error (only FSX version)
- Support for P3D V3 & V4 added
- Added animated jetways (SODE required)
- Added animated passenger boarding (SODE required)
- Added deice service (SODE required)
- Added custom animated windsocks (SODE required)
- SODE features can be activated or deactivated with included jetway tool
- Added dynamic light effects (P3D V4 only)