Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
Not in conjunction with other discounts.*1
- Article number: AS14069
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: Italian Airports Developers
- Language: Deutsch/English
- Current version: 1.01
The “Aeroporto di Roma-Ciampino ‘Giovan Battista Pastine’” is the second international airport serving the Eternal City, Italy’s capital, it is smaller and less known. Originally constructed in 1916 as a military airfield, it is one of the oldest airports still in operation today – and now Roma-Ciampino X adds this long-serving location to FSX and P3D.
The scenery includes the airport itself, the industrial area around it and the town of Ciampino – all modelled using a custom mesh and seasonal variations for the right atmosphere. Lots of 3D objects and night textures with ambient occlusion add the final touch to the scenery. SODE, in turn, brings the location to life, thanks to its rain and light effects, 3D approach lights, and much more. These details can be configured to get the best performance out of Roma-Ciampino X on every system.
Between its construction in 1916 and the late 20’s, the military airport near Ciampino mainly served as a base for airships. After that, it became the first airport for Rome, also in charge of civil transportation and governmental flights. During the Second World War, it was closed to the public once more, and lost pretty much all civil traffic after Fiumicino Airport opened in 1961. Today it is being used by low-cost carriers such as Ryanair or Wizzair for mid-range flights while still hosting a military area used for governmental purposes.
- 3D gPoly (light effects and rain effect) (P3D only)
- Custom meshes
- Ciampino Town reproduced using autogen with optimized textures
- Industrial area around the airport
- 3D cars in parking lot, custom trees and 3D grass
- 3D custom apron vehicles and aircraft
- Animated windsock variation reflecting the wind (SODE)
- Night textures developed using ambient occlusion modelling
- Night lights effects using SODE
- Unaligned left PAPI lights on RWY 33 (as real ones) made using SODE
- 3D approach lights using SODE
- Configuration program to set the 3D object density
- Seasonal variations
- NavDataPro Charts client with charts of this airport
Conclusion by PC Flight Magazine:
"Overall, I found the scenery to be excellent and good value for money. [..] . Having visited the airport on a number of occasions I can safely say that this is as real as it gets."
Conclusion by FSElite.net:
"Developed by the Italian Airport Developers, Ciampino is an excellent rendition of one of the smaller Italian airports. Once we get past the lack of traffic, what you see if a product that is littered with smaller details that again make it a worthwhile purchase. There are certainly some areas that could do with some updates and work, it is still a nicely put together piece of scenery to help expand your Italian collection."
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2 or Acceleration), FSX: Steam Edition or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3/V4
Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10
Dual Core CPU with 3 GHz or faster
At least 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
3D graphics card with at least 1 GB VRAM (2 GB recommended)
Download-Size: 1.1 GB