Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS12698
- Manufact./Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: 29Palms
- Current version: 1.52
The name "Skiathos" is derived from "skia" (greek for "shadow") and is named after the shadows of the countless trees covering the island of Skiathos. Following "Mykonos X", "Skiathos X" is the second island project by the development group "29Palms Scenery Design", taking you to the Northern Sporades of Greece.
The airport of the island is considered to be the „Greek St. Maarten“ because of its spectacular approach. The runway reaches the surrounding sea on both its ends and is in total only 1628m long. Bigger aircrafts like a Boeing 757-200 are forced to perform low approaches.
Although there are plenty of signs warning about the danger of the jetblasts of starting airplanes, some people still prefer to remain there for the „buzz“ of the jet engines blast.
The entire island has been realistcly recreated based on many references from the real island. There are over 250.000 custom-made and hand-placed Autogen-objects covering over 100km² of high-resolution satelite imagery (0.3-05m/px). In addition there are many animations such as swarms of seagulls, soundeffects and high-resolution textures.
You may fly low over the tourists, visit the final approach or go to discover the island - this scenery offers everything in an extraordinary level of detail.
- Highly detailed rendition of Skiathos Airport "Alexandros Papadiamantis" (LGSK)
- Complete coverage of over 100km² with high resolution satellite imagery (0.3-0.5m/px)
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground by „texture baking“
- Performant 3D-night lighting covering the whole island
- High resolution day and night textures (2048px²)
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground by „baked lighting“
- Complex terrain mesh
- Over 250.000, hand-placed and custom made autogen objects
- Numerous animations (car traffic, ships, swarms of birds, flags)
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment
- Realistic 3D grass and vegetation
- Sound effects (seagulls, sound of the sea, engines, air conditioners)
- 3D people
- Numerous custom made static objects around the airport
- Animated windsocks
- Configuration manager for optimal perfomance
- Highly detailed manual including charts (PDF)
- Compatible with AI traffic Add-Ons (including "World of AI")
- Compatible with Ground Environment X, Ultimate Terrain X, FSGlobal and GRcoastlines
- Excellent perfomance with high framerates
Conclusion by simflight.com:
"Skiathos is a small charming Island in the Aegean Sea, and 29Palms managed to bring a lot of that charm into FSX and P3D. While the entire island is covered in detailed photoreal textures, high quality terrain mesh and thousands of trees and houses. However nice it all is, the real focus point is the airport, Skiathos Island National Airport (ICAO: LGSK, IATA: JSI) and it’s direct surroundings. Even with all options turned off in the manager, this is a nice scenery product. But with everything turned on, it becomes a lot better than just ‘nice’. The visual quality and density is nothing short of amazing, as is the attention to detail in this product. I think 29Palms did an amazing job on this scenery product. And since it’s published by Aerosoft, is has all of that company’s experience in publishing and support behind it as well.
Conclusion by FlightSim.com:
"My conclusion for this add-on scenery by AeroSoft is that I certainly would recommend fellow simmers to try out this scenery. The quality of the scenery is high and the experience I got using the scenery was very realistic. AeroSoft has captured the uniqueness that surrounds this island, and even though I have never visited this island in real life, it seemed very realistic to me. The atmosphere was superb and the scenery is filled with detail after detail. I you want to use the scenery as a holiday destination for international flight or if you want to explore the island by flying low level helicopter tours etc. - this island add-on scenery can provide both. I toured the island several times and very much enjoyed that the covering area was the complete island including the rock formations and cliff that are around the island. In general a very well made scenery with a few bugs which I think can easily be corrected. I was overall impressed and the scenery met my expectations - especially the complete airport was really well made. I rate the scenery with a 4/5-star rating and thank AeroSoft for yet another great scenery for the flightsim community."
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition)
Windows XP(SP2), Windows Vista or Windows 7 (with the newest Service Packs)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual-Core or Quad-Core processors are recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB are recommended)
3D graphics card with 512 MB
.net Framework 3.5 or higher for running the Scenery Manager
Download-Size: 1,4 GB
Installations-Size: 2,0 GB