The airfield is located about 6 kilometers south-east of the center of Locarno and is therefore comparatively far away from its namesake for its size. It is located in the Magadino plain on the Ticino River, which flows into Lake Maggiore just over a kilometer to the west.
Locarno Airport is a mixed airport used by civil and military aviation at the same time.
In the airport area itself there are companies such as the helicopter charter company "Eliticino", a partner of Heliswiss, the largest European skydiving center "Para Centro", the flight school "Aero Locarno", the "RUAG" and the Swiss air rescue service (REGA ).
The airfield is also home to the Locarno Air Base / Aerod 4 command for the military airport (ICAO Mil - LSMO Code). Military aviation has its own infrastructure on the airport premises (asphalt runway, taxiway, large parking lots for aircraft and large hangars), some of which are used simultaneously by civil aviation (asphalt runway and taxiway).
- Realistic and very detailed depiction of the airport
- Lifelike lighting effects
- Animated clock on large hangar shows FS time correctly
- Animated quad radar system
- Static airplanes and vehicles
- Animated people and windsocks
- Precise collision detection at the buildings
- Optimized execution speed through the use of LOD's (3D objects and textures)
- Compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator from World Update 6
- German manual - Manuel en français - English manual
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (World Update 6 or higher)
- OS: Windows 10 / 11
- Processor: Quad Core with 3.5 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-RAM (2666 MHz)
- Video Card: 4 GB VRAM (DirectX 11)
- Free hard disk space: 290 MB
Installation runs via Aerosoft One, this requires an internet connection and an Aerosoft user account!
More information about Aerosoft One can be found in the User Guide or in the FAQs.