Twentynine Palms (formerly known as Twenty-Nine Palms) was named for the palm trees found there in 1852 by Col. Henry Washington. Located in the Mojave Desert, California, dry climate, palm trees, shrubs, and sand as far as the eye can see characterize Twentynine Palms Airport and its vicinity.
Twentynine Palms Airport is the second internal project of our scenery development company 29Palms Scenery Design for the MSFS platform. We’ve set a whole new level of detail and realism with the scenery, based on many references from the real airport. It is our first project in MSFS which comes with animated people and features many new 3D objects, exclusively designed for this scenery. Along with a huge library of high-quality 3D objects, the software forms the basis for all prospective 29Palms sceneries.
What are you waiting for? Pick one of the big hubs and head over to Twentynine Palms. The desert awaits you!
- Highly detailed rendition of Twentynine Palms Airport (KTNP), California
- Complete coverage of the airport and the surrounding area with high resolution satellite imagery (0.25m/px)
- Realistic night lighting using almost exclusively dynamic lights
- High resolution textures (2048px²) with full PBR
- Over 100.000 hand-placed and custom-made rocks and vegetation objects
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment with realistic custom-made taxi, runway, rail lights, hazard lights and beacons
- Animated 3D people, Eagle
- Numerous custom-made static objects and aircraft around the airport
- Excellent performance with high framerates due to optimizations
- Custom made animated windsock
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 / 11
- Processor: Intel i5-4460 | AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or better
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 770 | AMD Radeon RX 570 or better
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- VRAM: 6 GB
- RAM: 12 GB
- HDD: 1 GB