You’ve been waiting for this one!
Melbourne International Airport is coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Modelled by our Orbx team led by Sascha Normann, YMML has been meticulously recreated, from the intricacies of the terminals to the sprawling runways and taxiways.
Located to the northwest of Melbourne CBD and a stone’s throw away from Orbx HQ at Essendon Fields, YMML is the second busiest airport in Australia. Taking over from Essendon in 1970 as the main airport for Melbourne, “Tulla” was expanded to 4 terminals with 68 gates in 2023 with just over 40 airlines operating from the airport. It is the gateway to the buzzing and contemporary city of Melbourne.
Orbx is proud to bring our second-home to MSFS, with every detail of the airport being carefully crafted, as it captures the essence of the airport, with precise runway markings, accurately placed signage and faithfully replicated buildings.
Explore this part of the world down under and go domestic or international for your next destination. Fly over the Melbourne CBD enhanced by the city landmarks pack. Not to be missed, this is a must have in your Orbx collection!
- Detailed depiction of YMML airport and immediate surroundings
- Realistic custom groundpoly reflecting layout as of May 2023
- PBR texturing throughout
- Photorealistic buildings throughout the airport including the iconic 2 towers, maintenance hangars and more
- Interior terminal modelling of departure lounges
- VDGS and custom traffic animations
- Meticulously hand-edited aerial imagery
- Custom taxiway signs and lighting
- Detailed recreation of Melbourne Jet Base with interior and static model of the restored DC-3, Kanana
- Densely placed custom-made GSE, vehicles and other apron clutter
- Includes custom POIs such as the Airservices Australia compound, landside hotels, carparks, Maccas and Mercedes-Benz dealership with helipad
- Entire airport optimised with LODs
- Realistic taxiway lighting with each taxi light at its proper location and direction
- 155 custom-made taxi signs
- More than 12,000 (!) accurately placed cars landside (optimized for performance and optional)
- More than 1400 accurately placed streetlights
- Elevated roadways – among them the new ones currently under construction and planning
- Orbx Central configuration to activate/deactivate individual content to your liking and system’s capabilities like dense car parks, VDGS and more
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 / 11
- Processor: Intel i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 | AMD Radeon RX 590
- Video Memory: 4 GB VRAM
- Free hard disk space: 6 GB