Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS15250
- Manufact./Publisher: Drzewiecki Design
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.3.0
Chicago Landmarks MSFS is a highly detailed scenery of Chicago city in Illinois, the United States of America. It includes roughly two thousand custom-made objects and numerous interesting areas of the city to explore. The whole downtown area has been custom-made. You will find plenty of marinas, railyards, bridges, stadiums - all in full PBR and with epic night textures. Additionally, sceneries of 17 landable heliports are provided. The product cleverly merges with default photogrammetry.
Chicago is the most populous city in Illinois, as well as the third-most populous city in the United States. With an estimated population of 2,716,450 (2017), it is the third-most populous city in the United States after New York and Los Angeles. The metropolitan area, with nearly 10 million people, is the third-largest metropolitan area in the world by land area.
Chicago is an international hub for finance, culture, commerce, industry, technology, telecommunications, and transportation. It is the site of the creation of the first standardized futures contracts at the Chicago Board of Trade, which today is the largest and most diverse derivatives market globally, generating 20% of all volume in commodities and financial futures. O'Hare International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world, and the region also has the largest number of U.S. highways and the greatest amount of railroad freight. In 2012, Chicago was listed as an alpha global city by the Globalization and World Cities Research Network, and it ranked seventh in the entire world in the 2017 Global Cities Index. The Chicago area has one of the highest gross domestic products (GDP) in the world, generating $680 billion in 2017. In addition, the city has one of the world's most diversified and balanced economies, not being dependent on anyone's industry.
The name "Chicago" is derived from a French rendering of the indigenous Miami-Illinois word shikaakwa for a wild relative of the onion, known to botanists as Allium tricoccum and known more commonly as ramps. The first known reference to the site of the current city of Chicago as "Checagou" was by Robert de LaSalle around 1679 in a memoir. The city of Chicago has been known by many nicknames, but it is most widely recognized as the "Windy City".
- Chicago, Illinois scenery with over 2000 custom-made objects including whole downtown in 3D plus other landmarks, bridges, stadiums, harbors/marinas, trains... all FPS-friendly, with epic night textures and PBR materials
- Advanced night lighting, custom animations, custom mesh
- Perfect compatibility and interaction with MSFS default photogrammetry
- 17 custom-made heliports
The product will be automatically added to Microsoft Flight Simulator. Our installer may provide you with additional optional features during install. To select different options, simply run the installer again.
This product is compatible with all Drzewiecki Design products.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Windows 10 (Nov 2019 Update - 1909)
- CPU: Intel i5-4460 -or- Ryzen 3 1200
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 770 -or- Radeon RX 570
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- VRAM: 2 GB
- RAM: 8 GB
- HDD: 3 GB
- Bandwidth: 5 Mbps
- All LOD models made from scratch for performance boost
- Completely new night textures for all buildings
- Many vector-data-related fixes (like mesh)
- All helipads are now active and have start location
- New model of Metro rails/stations and new train animation
- KCGX Meigs compatibility (probably you still need set priorities in the Options/General/Experimental/Package Reorder Tool due to MSFS bug)