Horta Airport (IATA: HOR, ICAO: LPHR) is an airport located in the parish of Castelo Branco, 9.5 km (5.9 mi) southwest of the center of Horta, on Faial Island in the archipelago of the Azores. The airport was remodeled and reinaugurated in December 2001, in order to serve the islands of the Central Group (Terceira, Graciosa, São Jorge, Pico and Faial), as well as expanded to support domestic connectivity to Lisbon.
It is an important economic tool in the economy of the region, and vital connection to the smaller aerodromes in the outlying islands.Currently, there are plans to expand the runways by 275 m (902 ft), and night time air flight services have been approved.
The airport at Horta was inaugurated on 24 August 1971 by then President Almirante Américo Tomás. On 5 July 1985, TAP Air Portugal initiated direct flights between Horta and Lisbon: the first aircraft was a Boeing 737 named Ponta Delgada.
- Accurately modeled terminal and interior
- Custom night lighting
- Custom parking positions matching with real life
- Custom surroundings
- Custom people and animated objects
- PBR Materials
- Real World based terraforming profile
- Updated CGL Data
- Ambient animated objects
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Windows 10 / 11
- Processor: Intel i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 | AMD Radeon RX 590
- Video Memory: 2 GB VRAM
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Free hard disk space: 2 GB