This scenery is a realistic representation of Chania "Ioannis Daskalogiannis Airport" (LGSA) for the Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Chania, Crete International Airport (ICAO: LGSA, IATA: CHQ) is found in western Crete. It is located 14 km north-east of the city of Chania, in the Akrotiri peninsula and is named after Ioannis Daskalogiannis, the leader of the revolution of the Sfakia region in 1770.
LGSA airport serves both civilian and military activity. The civilian area is located northern of the runway and is operated by Fraport since 2018. The southern airport area is operated by Hellenic Air Force.
It has a single, 3.348 m / 10.982 ft long asphalt runway, designated 11/29 which can serve aircrafts up to Boeing 747, C-5 Galaxy and Antonov AN-124. Two main taxiways connect the operation fields with the runway.
Two taxiways connect the airport facilities with the runway. The southern taxiway can be used as a runway with designation 11L/29R when the main runway is not operational.
- Realistic depiction of the airport layout and objects
- Highly detailed custom ground polygons including all the last additions of the apron layout (walkways in front of the terminal)
- Highly detailed custom 3D objects with full PBR textures covering the entire airport area
- Improvement of the vegetation (density and tree form) inside the airport and at the surrounding area
- Main landmarks addition at airport’s surrounding area
- Custom animated flags at the terminal
- Custom animated vehicles at the apron area
- Custom animated windsock
- Fully customized dynamic lights
- Sloped runway
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (Version 2020)
- OS: Windows 10 version 18362.0 or higher
- Processor: Intel i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Video Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 | AMD Radeon RX 590
- Memory: 16 GB
Installation runs via Aerosoft One, this requires an internet connection and an Aerosoft user account!
More information about Aerosoft One can be found in the User Guide or in the FAQs.
- Improved ground textures at apron area
- Improved and more detailed taxisigns
- Custom runway, rail, taxiway and approach lights
- Replacement of all apron and parking vehicles with new ones
- Addition of new taxi lines at the apron area
- Addition of the new apron taxilines and dynamic lighting at NSA area
- Modification of the airport name signs at the terminal (blue instead of white with FRAPORT logo addition)
- Correction of few floating objects
- Correction of the position of military shelters
- Correction of the ATC instructions to include taxiway names and showing the correct taxi ribbon