Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
Nicht kombinierbar mit anderen Rabatten.*1
- Article number: AS13796
- Publisher: Aerosoft
- Developer: Matthew Dalton
- Language: English
- Current version: 1.20
Aspen Pitkin County Airport is not an airport to be taken lightly. Not only is it surrounded by high and steep terrain on almost any side, it is also prone to severe weather, with strong winds and massive snow falls, and to make matters worse it is located at 7,280 ft.
Even when the weather is warm and visibility is great, the combination of altitude and high Density Altitude (see appendix A) will make departures and arrivals even more dangerous. As the runway is only usable in one direction (RWY15 for landing, RWY 33 for departure) you might be forced to land with unfavorable winds. A glance at the accident databases online shows how dangerous Aspen can be.
The airport is mostly used by ‘private’ jets Gulfstreams, Learjets and the likes are very common. Of course this is because Aspen has its fair share of rich and/or famous residents. The stunning scenery, (pun intended), the ski slopes and the relaxed feel of the small town (population 6,000) make it a popular place to relax and spend some time in semi-anonymity.
This Extended version is a full rebuild of the original 2007 version using the latest technology and features the updated longer runway.
- Up-to-date rendering of Aspen Pitkin County Airport (KASE), including extended runway and new taxiways, Fire Station (with Oshkosh Striker 1500), Fixed-Base Operator, Terminal and hangars.
- Fully baked high resolution textures with ambient occlusion shadows and light maps for all airport and town models.
- 100 square kilometers of high resolution photo scenery (30cm, LOD17) covering the Aspen Valley, with full seasonal and night variations.
- 5 meter (LOD13) mesh covering 2400 square kilometers of the Rocky Mountains around Aspen.
- Tarmac and runway markings with realistic wet weather and specular effects.
- All current VFR and IFR approaches.
- Detailed rendering of the Aspen Valley Hospital and emergency helipad (CO50).
- Dozens of custom local landmarks, including Aspen High School, Aspen Chapel, Aspen Recreation Center, Hotel Jerome and Benedict Music Tent.
- Animated 'Silver Queen' gondola to Ajax.
- Extremely dense custom Aspen-style autogen houses and mansions.
- Static CRJ-700s in United Express and Delta liveries.
- Realistic new runway and street lighting system.
- Animated windsocks.
- Compatible with Vero-FS 'Heart of Colorado' photo scenery.
Conclusion by FlightSim.com:
"Aerosoft's Aspen Extended airport scenery has held up surprisingly well over the years. Its price point is on par with comparable airports. The design of the scenery results in excellent performance in the current generation of P3D on average hardware by today's standards. The small price you'll pay is the cost of giving up a few bits of eye candy like moving people and vehicles in and around the airport. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this scenery to anyone."
Conclusion by Simreviews.com:
"When you first park your aircraft at one of only eight parking spots you are stunned by the view at the beautiful mountains towering over Aspen..."
Conclusion by avsim.com:
"Aspen Pitkin County Airport is an airport that can either strike fear or excitement into the heart of any seasoned pilot. Located at 7,280ft, this airport gives the illusion that high altitude performance may be the only issue to consider when landing or departing."
Review for Piloot & Vliegtuig by Hans Heerkens
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (incl. SP2, Gold Edition or Steam Edition or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (V3.2, V4)
Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 (64 bit recommended)
2.0 GHz processor (Intel Core 2 Duo highly recommended)
8 GB RAM internal memory
2 GB graphics card (3 GB highly recommended)
PDF reader for manual
Download-Size: 2.7 GB
Installations-Size: 3.7 GB
PDF-Manual >> Click here <<
Owners of the previous version "Aspen X" have the possibility to use our cost saving upgrade service:
- Aspen X (Download) => Aspen Extended (Download):
17,55 € incl. 19% VAT (14,75 € ex VAT | Price incl. VAT may deviate depending on your local VAT within the EU). Please enter your old serial key of "Aspen X" in the voucher field at the checkout.