Price excl. VAT
Available as instant download
- Article number: AS11792
- Publisher: Aerosoft, sim-wings
- Developer: sim-wings
- Language: Deutsch/English
- Current version: 1.01
Gibraltar is a special place. It’s a bit of Great Britain on the Iberian peninsula with an amazing geography. When you look at the map you understand why Great Britain wanted to keep hold of it. Amazing high detailed VFR scenery of Gibraltar including the airport and Upper Rock. Real holiday feeling for FSX!
Before the Suez canal there was no other access to the Mediterranean and the Black Sea. One guy with a binocular could see what was going in and out. Even today this is a strategic advantage of immense value. Approaching the airport from either side is a strange sensation with the huge mountain (The Rock) and the runway stretching out into the sea. It’s a great place to visit, both in the real world as it is in this remarkable rendering for FSX.
Gibraltar Airport has the distinction of being the closest airport to the city that it serves, being only 500 meter from Gibraltar`s city centre. The main road intersects the airport runway, so consequently has to be closed every time a plane lands or departs.
The airport and its surroundings are built up to the smallest of detail. This is a total rebuild of the whole island and the airport. All buildings, lighting systems, navigation beacons have been modeled to the smallest of details including all buildings and airport institutions.
- Photo realistic high resolution ground textures (15 cm/pixel) for Gibraltar and parts of "LA Linea"
- Dynamic car-traffic across the runway, it stops automaticly when you depart or approach at the bounds (manually controlable with NAV frequencies)
- Dynamic traffic on the apron (AESLite)
- All buildings around the airfield and bordering districts of Gibraltar
- New terminal including new apron park positions
- Excellent night lightning
- Many animations like ships, cableway etc.
- All important sights (Upper Rock incl. the defensive fortification, "Point of Europe" light house, "Ibrahim al Ibrahim" mosque, "Gibraltar - Cradle of history" monument, etc.)
- Whole scenery-area covered with extensive autogen
- FSX and FS2004 version included
Please note not all mentioned features above are included in the FS2004 version.
Conclusion by Mutleyshangar.com:
"When I first knew I was reviewing this product I thought it might be a bit uninteresting and a chore to do. As you can see from the above that is far from what I found. Taking time to get to know the scenery and the history really pays dividends. The inclusion of many of the extras such as the mosque, the gun emplacements and new terminal led me to explore the net for more information and a long road of discovery! The photo texture of the rock and the mesh were first class. If I were to try and highlight negatives, some of the houses on the rock were at right angles to the mesh and jutting out, the lighthouse quality was very poor and also had no proper connection with the land and finally the guns could have been better detailed. Maybe some static aircraft would bring the airport alive more although the Ai ground traffic was excellent. Now I'm struggling, I am happy with the rest! Well done Sim Wings a product you can be proud of, a few rough edges but with all things taken into consideration I am awarding this a
Mutley's Hangar score of 8.5/10"
Conclusion by FlightSim.com:
"Overall, I am still impressed with the level of detail that Gibraltar X holds! Given the age of the scenery package, Sim-wings have done a fantastic job in creating something that stands tall against the test of time and to this day creates some fantastic scenery worldwide. [..] The scenery looks fantastic with high-quality textures used throughout and the ability to control road traffic is a great feature, especially for a product as old as this! [..] Gibraltar X was groundbreaking back then, and still absolutely kills it to this day!"